Dr. Albert Cytryn MD Patient Reviews

March 24th, 2016
Excelent Experience

November 15th, 2015
Best Oculoplastic Surgeon in the Washington DC Area
Because of a previous botched eye surgery performed many years ago by another doctor, I was left with multiple functional issues that resulted in severe ectropion and dry eye. While Dr. Cytryn is highly skilled and gifted in cosmetic facial surgery, he is also an expert in repairing eyes that do not function properly. Due to my complicated eye problems, Dr. Cytryn has had to perform several surgeries to repair the damages caused by the original surgery. With each surgery, he has gotten me closer to the goal of both eyes being able to close completely and to lessen the symptoms of my dry eye. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Cytryn and his practice. He has several locations in Maryland, Virginia, and one in Washington DC. I see him at his Bethesda office. It is clean, modern, and includes a surgical center. His staff is professional and friendly. They are highly knowledgeable and go out of their way to help you. Prior to each surgery, my consultations with Dr. Cytryn showed him to be sympathetic to all of my concerns. He is honest, confident, and reassuring. He is patient and takes as long as needed to discuss every aspect of your surgery with you. He has a kind, warm, and caring personality and his skill level is outstanding. If you want beautiful and natural results, Dr. Cytryn is the doctor you want for your surgeon. I feel fortunate to know Dr. Cytryn, and I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.

May 5th, 2015
Very good experience. The procedure was on schedule and I had no complications. Dr. Cytryn responded to my call on the weekend and was pleasant to deal with. The staff and surgery center were first class.

April 1st, 2014
Dr. Cytryn Does Not Spend Adequate Time with Patients - As a Result Patients Suffer
My wife underwent a procedure with Dr. Cytryn under local anasthetic. He did very little pre-Op examination and his staff did not adequately prepare my wife for the procedure. It was far more invasive than they explained. It was good that I went with her because she was in no condition to drive and was traumatized after the procedure. I do not joke when I say childbirth was easier for her. Eye was completely swollen shut. To add, He has ZERO bedside manner. Spent no time with her. His center is more like a factory than a facility that cares for patients. I would highly recommend considering alternatives if you are referred to his practice.

February 10th, 2014
we were so pleased
Our 12 year old son was referred to Dr. Cytryn after he sustained an orbital fracture playing soccer. One of his eye muscles got caught up in the bone fragments and his eye wouldn't move. His eye doctor thought we should wait another few weeks to operate, but that seemed too long to wait. We saw Dr, Cytryn and he confirmed both the fracture and the entrapped muscle. He explained that these types of fractures are different, especially with kids, because the blood supply to the muscle is at risk. Dr. Cytryn arranged to operate the next morning, and everything went really well. Dr, Cytryn warned us that the muscle would be weak for a few weeks and that our son would have double vision for a few weeks after surgery. His predictions were right on the money, and we were greatful to know what to expect. Our community is fortunate to have a doctor as skilled and patient as Dr. Cytryn. We felt very confident in his abilities and he kept us informed every step of the way.

October 11th, 2013
A Surgeon' surgeon
I first met Dr, Cytryn 10 years ago when he operated on my eyelids and eyebrows. They still look terrific even after all these years, and I remember him as being simply wonderful and a pleasure to work with. My sister recently had eyelid and facelift sugery in Baltimore and ended up with horrible complications. My sister was eventually referred to Dr. Cytryn, and her internist told her that he is widely known as the doctor to repair problems such as hers. I was thrilled to have her working with Dr. Cytryn and he did an amazing job with her surgery. She looks amazing.

June 1st, 2013
Dr. Cytran is just wonderful, I would not now be looking to the future so hopefully without his help. Three years ago, I was diagnosed with Graves Disease and with an attending, crushing case of Thyroid Eye Disease (TED). I was unable to drive or read without an eye patch and I was very concerned about the impact of this disability on my employment. I also looked like Marty Feldman in drag. Today, I look very much as I did before I got stomped by TED and my vision is so improved, I barely remember eye patches. This is all due to Dr. Cytran’s care, his creative almost intuitive expertise in a very precise discipline, his endless patience and his ability to listen. I recommend Dr. Cytran’s services to anyone in trouble with their eyes. He is absolutely the best there is …

February 26th, 2013
An excellent surgeon
Dr, Cytryn struck me as a doctor who was very attentive to my needs and had a great eye for detail. He did my eyelid surgery and facelift, and did a wonderful job. At our first consultation, I remember how he found several problems that if not addressed could lead to complications.I had other consultations with different doctors and this wasn't always the case. I left Dr. Cytryn feeling very confident, as I knew I was in great hands. It took about two weeks, but I love my new look. Dr. Cytryn is warm, thorough, and very skilled.

January 29th, 2013
Excellent Surgeon!
Extremely happy with my mother's results. Dr. Cytryn did a beautiful job and she looks amazing. After seeing results of work he had performed on a friend of mine, her sister, and a co-worker of my husbands, I scheduled an appointment to bring my mother in for a consultation. Also, the fact that both my mother’s Internist and Ophthalmologist referred her to Dr. Cytryn made it much more clearer that he was the surgeon I wanted her to see. She had ptosis on both eyelids (which means they were droopy). He was very patient and explained everything in detail to us. One thing I liked about him and his surgery center is that they had the best bed side manners, which is very important to me! Anytime we had a question or concern, he answered it right away, which really put us at ease. Dr. Cytryn is a skilled surgeon and really seemed to care about my mom.

November 6th, 2012
RUN!
After three attempts to fix a lid problem, the last two making it much, much worse, he pronounced it unfixable but was willing to fake it to make the lid look like the other but it would never close. No problem, he allowed that were drops for this. All his surgeries had pulled the muscle from the base and scarred it down so it would not open all the way. Another doctor fixed it but it was a huge trial with a long freaky looking period. I still have suture tunnels from the exceedingly crude stitching. He revises things in his back room while fiddling with the radio. I would avoid Dr. Cytryn.

November 26th, 2011
Great Doctor
I was referred to Dr.Cytryn by my opthomologist after suffering for years with watery eyes that had started to grow large and annoying. At first sight Dr.Cytryn knew what I had but sent me for proper test. He called to answer my questions personally and he makes himself available to every patient. He has really given me a new quality of life now that I don't have big buldging eyes that water

July 27th, 2011
Repaired a complication of another procedure successfully
I was referred to Dr. Cytryn after I unexpectedly developed (unsightly)unilateral scar tissue following a lower lid blephoroplasty with another surgeon. A second surgery was indicated and from what I understand the procedure was somewhat complex in that a graft was required. Now, almost a year out, I could not be more pleased with the symmetry and overall appearance of my eyes. I was grateful to my initial doctor for referring me to Dr. Cytryn-as someone who ONLY does eyes, he is very capable of more complex work. A surgeon's surgeon...