Dr. Albert Favate Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Albert Favate?

Good Neurologist

Posted on August 25th, 2017

My dad had strokes and he was at the NYU Langone hospital for a few days. Dr. Favate was the doctor attending during that time and we saw him after my dad was discharged. Dr Favate listens, makes his observations, examinations and shares the MRI with us. He takes his time. He is old school and very knowledgeable. His specialty is strokes. He is not in a rush like other doctors and he has no nurse assistant except a secretary. I would recommend him to others.

Vertigo

Posted on September 6th, 2016

Really took time to speak with me about my concerns

Disregard the very negative reviews

Posted on February 24th, 2015

On my first visit he took a great deal of time with and really worked thru the confusing symptoms, delving onto a thorough history. He was insightful and thoughtful. I would not hesitate to recommend him. He is a senior staff member at one of the most highly regarded hospitals in New York city. As in any case when you see a doctor who is on call with a hospital - he sometimes is late. Don't want that hassle? Go see some family doc who does the easy stuff rather than a clinical guy who lives, breathes and eats this stuff.

Posted on December 2nd, 2014

Weirdest medical exam I ever had ! Seems aloof and not at all interested On your history !

Great Bedside Manner

Posted on April 4th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Favate by my PCP to be treated for migraines. In the initial visit, he spent about an hour with me doing a full history and reviewing treatment options in detail. I've since had some additional (separate) issues and he's personally called to follow up on my status and test results. There are few doctors who will take the kind of time with their patients as Dr. Favate.

THE Best experience I've ever had with a doctor

Posted on April 26th, 2011

When I went to Dr. Favate, I was scared and unsure of what was wrong with me. I had been passed from doctor to doctor for over a month, and still was no closer to a diagnosis. Dr. Favate spent over an hour with me, going over my lifestyle, conducting various tests, talking through my condition and explaining next steps. I have never in my life had a doctor take so much care and show so much concern. And it didn't stop there--he wanted me to go to an additional specialist. Instead of just giving me the instructions, he gave me specific names. And then he called the doctor himself to get me an immediate appointment. He then spoke with the doctor while I was in the appointment to consult with him, and thus I had real-time next steps. He continued to follow up with me daily, checking in on my progress, and arranged for me to get a spinal tap himself (and took time to talk through next steps with that doctor as well). He continues to follow up with me without prompting, and has made a scary situation bareable. I cannot recommend him enough.

HORRIBLE STAFF

Posted on December 8th, 2010

Worst Staff I have ever spoken to in a medical prefession and most medical professons are pretty bad so this is saying something!

Posted on October 29th, 2009

professional and caring,easy to communicate office staff helpful.

No good. Doesnt listen to patients and is not qualified.

Posted on September 24th, 2009

Posted on March 17th, 2009

Very Helpfull

Mis Diagnosis of Epilepsy

Posted on January 5th, 2009

Misdiagnosed me with Epilepsy when I had a fainting syncope.Told me to start anti-seizure medication IMMEDIATLEY,not to drive or swim because of potential fatal consequences.I sought a second opinion, with new reading of the MRI and EKGI dont have epilepsy, he didnt explain that the data is open to intepretation, and he didnt listent o what I was telling him about thenature of my symptoms.AVOID THIS DOCTOR

Posted on May 26th, 2015