Dr. Albert Heck Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Albert Heck?

May 21st, 2016

Dismissive

I saw him today because I was referred to a neurologist. My doctor mentioned MS as a possible cause of my symptoms and he dismissed it entirely. Said "stop right there. Dont even go there. MS doesnt cause pain." Yet with even a little research you can discover that it does. His education seems out dated. I tried to inform him of the things my doctor and I had gone over and the testing we had done and he was disinterested, if not annoyed by my attempt to explain what led up to the appointment with him. Dr. Heck didnt want to hear it and implied that my primary physician was stupid for suggesting such a thing. Dr. Heck basically implied that the pain I experience, all of my symptoms, are in my head and are a result of my inability to manage stress... He went on a nice little rant of his own anger management issues for a good ten minutes or more while I sat there smiled, laughed awkwardly and nodded. I felt he judged me from the moment I walked in the door. I don't feel he is an adequate doctor or compassionate enough for anyone dealing with something that isn't remotely obvious out right. He probably should seek to educate himself on information that should be in his realm of expertise. It is very disheartening to walk in and, right from the start, be told something you automatically know is false because of minor research you did yourself prior to being seen. If you have an appointment with him and youve never seen him before, good luck. I hope he treats you better than he did me and some others from reviews Ive been reading.

January 16th, 2016

Arrogant, no compassion

As with a few other reviews, I found Dr. Heck to be rude, arrogant and certainly no compassion for his patients. No one visits a doctor for a social visit. You're there because something is wrong. Instead of trying to figure out what's wrong, he dismisses your concerns and gives you a speech about what's in the literature that he studied. His words to be exact were "It's like a dragon chasing its tale". In other words he doubts what you're feeling is real. Awful doctor and a waste of my time and money.

February 19th, 2015

Quickly diagnosed me and gave me the surgery I needed

At the time I was only 18 and had no clue just how Dr. Heck would be saving my life. Now about 10 years later I realize how thankful I am that I saw Dr. Heck. He quickly was able to diagnose that I had MG, and recommended the best options for the most normal life I could have. I had a thymus removed, and although I’m still not 100% normal anymore I can function almost as good as anyone else. Back then I think they made new patients wait a while, and I ended up falling down a flight of stairs and had a concussion, so they saw me sooner, but hopefully now they realize how important new patients are and see them soon.

May 28th, 2014

patient

I completely agree with other review, I thought I was being too sensitive and now I realize I'm not the only one,he was nice the first 2 t times I saw him then when I said medicine he put me on wad makin. me worse and not helping he was completely different person,he was very rude, abrupt and arrogant. I don't know what has caused such a shift in his demeanor.I have had tremendous amounts of pain and just want to be fixed and when I explained the pain and discomfort I was having he dismissed it. He really comes at you with alot of anger and intensity. Just nasty and rude and last thing anyone with migraines wants to deal with,I will be looking for another doctor also.

December 19th, 2013

Patient

Kind considerate smart answers questions so you can understand answers.down to earth

February 25th, 2012

Not satisified

Wow. I have seen this doctor for quite some time. I noticed some changes in his bedside manner the last few times I have seen him. Recently, I waited 50 minutes to be seen. When I finally did see him he was very rude, abrupt and arrogant. I don't know what has caused such a shift in his demeanor. Quite frankly, I don't care. I have had tremendous amounts of pain. When I explained the pain and discomfort I was having he dismissed it. He really comes at you with alot of anger and intensity. I will be looking for another doctor. I don't wait 50 minutes and pay money to deal with this kind of attitude. Rude and insensitive!

October 6th, 2017