A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Albert Kao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Albert Kao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Clinical Research
- Lung Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Parathyroid Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Kao graduated from Yale University, New Haven.
Dr. Kao has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- St. Mary's Medical Center San Francisco
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 13 plans