Dr. Albert Lai MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Los Angeles, CA

2.4

November 27th, 2013
Ran up thousands of dollars in useless tests. Worked the system and caused traumatic harm. Absolutely an inhuman machine out to make money.

September 6th, 2013
All the education in the world would never !
As far as a doctorand bedside manner go,this doctor missed the big point and that is to treat and practice medicine on real people Dr.Lai may have spent too much time learning a proffession he will never ben able to be wholeheartedly!I realize this is only one opinion,but its my quality of living and all that i must live thru each and every minute of all hours ,days,nights and even in my dreams and that if what i have written doesnt atleast give aa heads up to the attitude doctors and all medical proffesionals view chronic painand the people whom must live with the suffering physically,and emotionaly when there is help such as pain medicine-if people like myself arent given the choice by there doctors ,there is other remedies out there-all ugly,illeagle,and self prescribed-that is not the choice i want to make or live with but in closing,if u believe that human suffering is as tollerable as a simple poke in the arm,then i will keep trying and with the Lords grace i just might make it over this mountain too!!!!

August 22nd, 2013
Very disappointed
Very disappointed in the ease of communication between the staff there. The reception/front desk is very unprofessional and unfriendly. On many occasions, they have been nothing but unhelpful. They are unable to place themselves in the shoes of patients and not accomodating.

September 25th, 2012
When did he become a Psychiatrist??
Dr Lai is listed on all kind of lists as a Psychiatrist. Try calling his office for a Psyche appointment. His terrible rude staff will tell you he is not a Psych. He himself says he is not a Psych. Someone needs to correct this, it is very misleading.

May 10th, 2012
Will Leave You Hung Out To Dry
I'll Hand it to him, He has some innovative ideas, but his pass the buck attitude and his absolutely rude staff is going to ruin his career! Was seeing him for a year and a half, and out of nowhere just stopped wanting to be my PM doc..Who does that? Trying to get help from his staff is like pulling teeth, painful & severely annoying! If only his PA-C's were the Drs.. Then the Practice wouldn't be going down in flames!

October 29th, 2011
professional drug pusher
I have been seeing Dr. Lai's associate Dr. Minkoff who has totally ignored my stated goals on my initial consultation; Which was to be able to complete a back to work educational plan and return back to work. Instead, I have been struggling to complete my classes due to the heavy narcotic medications that I have been put on. I feel my whole physical, and emotional wellbeing has declined substatially. He has failed to inform me of questionable labs, I have asked to be safely weaned off of the narcotics and to start over with some other modality, however, he just increases my doses. I am afraid of withdrawals and he knows this. I feel he uses this to keep me coming to him and increasing my doses to make it harder for me to get off of the narcotics.There are drugs that will relieve the symptoms of the narcotics within minutes, however, he tells me i have to withdraw on my own in order to get this drug. I have since dropped my classes with the explanation from him to the university that i am unable to complete because of pain, and problems concentrating. I have explained the drugs have me in a state of confusion, but that hasn't deterred him from lowering my dosage, if anything he has increased the dose.

September 4th, 2010
Have been with Dr. Lai since 2005
Dr. Lai has been an excellent doctor for me, helping me to control the chronic pain of arthritis, disk degeneration and fibromyalgia. He took the time to give me an accurate diagnosis and has been willing to try many modalities. We have worked together to find the best medications and treatments. He is an empathetic person who nearly always has a smile on his face and laughs often. I look forward to my visits with him. Being a pain management doctor involves following DEA guidelines closely, but this has not affected his taking good care of his patients that suffer from the wearing effects of daily pain. I recommend him highly.

August 16th, 2009
Horrible front office staff. No manners, very rude people. This goes back and reflects on the doctor.