inactive

Albert R Mackenzie MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

April 4th, 2012
AMAZING, CARING DOCTOR!
I switched from a prior dermatologist, whom I loved, to Dr Mackenzie when I watched him treat my husband for guttate psoriasis, which he'd managed to baffle 4 other specialists with. No one knew what was wrong with him and in an hour-long appointment, along with a molecular biology lesson, he cured my husband by using supplements alone. So naturally when I noticed a growth on my face that kept bleeding, I immediately went in to see him. He sent me for blood work for many things that he suspected, along with removing a few suspicious lesions from my face. Within a matter of 3 days, he had the biopsy results back, with an unfortunate cancer diagnosis, and I was in his operating room the following week having MOHS surgery. The form of cancer that I had can be very disfiguring quite quickly, and rather than try a partial excision, he went straight on to a more aggressive type of treatment and I am thankfully cancer-free today as a result.He may be a chatterbox, and you may have to wait a few hours to see him, but I can tell you that it is a small price to pay to see such a caring and brilliant doctor. He's keeps current on the different types of supplements that work best to irradiate certain diseases without the use of poisonous drugs. The bottom line is that you'd be very hard-pressed to find such an amazing doctor with a wealth of knowledge like you'll find in Dr Mackenzie, even if he does have a few idiosyncrasies.

December 30th, 2011
Help my nephews with severe acne
Treated both my nephews severe acne. When they couldn't afford treatment he discounted it and helped enroll them in a program to receive free medication. A very talented and compassionate doctor. Also great with botox and all fillers.

June 27th, 2011
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS DR. AND HIS WIFE WHO IS THE OFFICE MANAGER. TIME TO RETIRE!!!!

March 13th, 2011
Forgetfull/Big ego
This doctor forgets what was said or promised between visits, and obviously favors certain patients with free samples,attention, ect., but with others is super expensive and rude. Very smart, will go into elaborate detail into functions of the body and drugs and nutrition, but makes visits overly complicated and is not really clear what point he is getting to. Worse, he than charges you extra because he spent extra time with you, but it is his fault the visit took so long. Will not finish with you, intead he goes to another patient and leaves you waiting, when he could have simply finished with you in the intial meeting. If you are not a women, beware because he is threatened by men

December 17th, 2010
Masterful Expert!
Dr. McKenzie is a master in his field. His dexterity and certainty is flawless. He is caring and has excellent focus. It was amazing to see him go right to the problems and handle them with swift precision. He's an expert and also made it pleasant by his outlook and humor

June 2nd, 2010
You don't appreciate it till its gone.
I have been seeing this doctor for forty years. Yes, he is a bit off the wall at times, but if I have a serious medical problem he is the one I want to handle it. I had a small skin cancer that he removed using some elaborate procedure that was designed to insure that all the cancer cells were removed. I wonder how many younger doctors would take the time to do that or know the procedure? Yes he has a thing about perfumes. Don't wear any after shave or perfume when you go to see him. It will be a sad day when he retires.

May 28th, 2010
brilliant !
This Dr has been excellant each time I have been to his office for care. I tell everyone about him when they ask for a referral. I hate to think of the day he stops working. The world will suffer a great loss.

December 5th, 2009
Great if you like facts
I searched for Dr Mackenzie to see him again. I tried about 5 dermatologists and all but 4 were more cosmetologists getting in on the botox money. This Dr is very knowledgeable and gives you science regarding diet and different effects of meds, history of meds so I think thats why some reviews were categorized as "spacey". I like facts and dermatology issues are NOT simple, my issue was complex. I liked the fact that Mackenzie understood things scientifically which helped me understand how heredity and diet play a huge part in skin health . He also is a Dr who attends seminars so I liked that he keeps learning. The staff was very friendly. I wasn't told of any perfume policy.

October 17th, 2009
Seriously think twice before seeing this doctor! I went to see him for a mole on my back and he told me it looked funny but that he didn't have time to remove it, to make an appt. in 3wks when he was going to be back from vacation!!! I was charged for my deductible upfront, not my copymt but my deductible, eventhough I assured them that I had already met it, but since it was on my card, they collected it! Truly horrible experience at this office!

October 14th, 2009
DR. Should retire
This doctor is out in space he should not be practicing and his no fragrance policy is absolutely ludicrous- and his wife who is bipolar runs the office and mistreats her staff infront of the patients

May 13th, 2009
Hit and Miss
I've seen this doctor at least 5 times and he is sort of hit and miss. Sometimes he is quite good and does a stellar job, and others, he seems to be lost in space. I had a mole removed that grew right back within 3 months because he didn't remove it properly. I also had a small lump removed and he did a terrible job sewing it up and I have a scar and another lump from the scar tissue. He did remove a large lump on my back and did a great job. So, it is hard to rate him. I feel like he is a little senile and he tells stories which no one listens to and are very odd.He has a very strict NO fragrance policy and I forgot that once and had on perfume. He was irate and almost threw me out of the office. I had to strip down and scrub myself with alcohol twice - and even then he kept saying he could smell my perfume. Weird.If you see this doctor, you take a chance.