Dr. Albert Moeller Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Albert Moeller?

December 14th, 2011

Exceptional Care

I first saw Dr. Moeller while a Gastro "specialist" was working on diagnosing me (unsucessfully). At the time I was in very poor physical health, Dr. Moeller immediately identified this and took steps to admit me to the hospital and find me proper care (new specialist) leading to my ultimate diagnosis of Chron's Disease and overall recovery. He did all of this not knowing whether or not I would need his services surgically (which I eventually did). After weeks of poor care, his genuine concern for my health was very welcomed. I would recommend him to any family or friend.

February 4th, 2011

I hope that your experience is better than mine.

The first time I saw Dr. Moeller, I thought that he would be a good doctor to have, just in case I needed surgery. As a person, he reminds me of a computer; no feelings, just the facts and unable to compute at times. He would have been the guy in college that was able to memorize the definitions of vocabulary words and medical charts with ease. However, if you were to ask him something that wasn't in the book or to think outside of the book (and/or box), he wouldn't be able to and he would just power off.As I stated before, the first visit was decent and I had high expectations for him. He did seem rather distracted and only focused on 1 of my 2 issues. He told me to come back for a quick in-office procedure and that would be the last that I would see of him.I scheduled the appointment and when I came in for it, I was told that I had missed my appointment when really I did not because I was holding my appointment card that they gave me. This was somewhat annoying but I brushed it off and rescheduled my appointment. When I came in for my appointment I waited for 30 minutes in the waiting area, in which I could hear very clearly what all of the receptionists and nurses were talking about in terms of personal life and patients. I felt as if this was very unprofessional and I just wanted to get my procedure done and get out there because I was thinking.. I hope they don't talk about me like that.When I went into the examination room, I waited for 15 more minutes sitting on the table in the cold room with just a thin sheet of the cover-up paper covering me. The doctor came in with a resident (student) and a nurse. The doctor had no idea why I was there and he kept asking me what he said the last time I was there.He performed the same unpleasant exams that he did the last time I was there as if my backdoor entrance was a playground of some sort. He kept asking me more and more questions about what he said the last time I was there. I felt embarrassed that I had to keep answering his questions in front of the resident and nurse (I get that they are there for a reason) but it was just uncomfortable and I would think embarrassing for him as well.He proceeded to tell me that he doesn't know why he would tell me to come in for the procedure and that it wouldn't fix any of my issues and that it may happen again. He couldn't see the 2nd issue that we had talk about the last time I was there and that was the same issue that had been left untreated for a month. He told me to get dressed and that he would be right back.This time he came in alone and said that he wouldn't charge me for the visit, which was nice of him I suppose but it didn't make up for the fact that I had to take the day off work for nothing. He offered to write me a Rx for some cream which is the same thing my primary doctor gave me, so he wrote out a higher dose. He also asked if I needed any pain medication like Vicodin. I don't know about you but I feel as if a doctor shouldn't just be offering up such a powerful Rx like that to people.He also told me that maybe I needed to see another doctor because his eyes may not be that great. I just stared at him as he told me all of this. He then said, "I can see that you are disappointed. I disappoint a lot of people." I just continued to look at him and I asked if there was a different doctor there that I could see and he said he could try and get me in to see another doctor that afternoon. By that time, I realized that I just needed to get out of there and find a different place and doctor. I couldn't believe what this so called doctor was saying to me. When he said he wasn't going to perform the procedure, he said that he could do it to make some money but it wouldn't do me any good. Well, what was he thinking during my first visit when he said that he would do the procedure? Was he running low on cash that week and needed to make a few extra bucks? If you made it through this whole review, I applaud you. I just hope that you listen to yourself when little flags go up and things do not seem to make sense or feel right. Also, I hope that this review helps and that your experience is better than mine.

October 23rd, 2015