Dr. Carter Pottash MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

November 1st, 2015
Dr. Pottash is a lifesaver!
Dr. Pottash is a lifesaver! After seeing countless psychiatrists over the past eight years, I had nearly given up hope in resolving my depression,, anxiety, and eating disorder. Some prior psychiatrists had said I was "high functioning" and really didn't need medications. They had told me my negative thoughts could be resolved through cognitive behavioral therapy and persistence. Others offered benzodiazepines and countless depression medications. The psychiatrists I met with prior to Dr. Pottash had their own agendas and failed to listen to my concerns. They spoke down to me and treated me as if I was a child or an idiot. I am a very strong person and was able to overcome an eating disorder at 19 without mental health treatment. I have lived with depression and anxiety for the past eight years. To the outsider, I looked like a normal, high achieving individual. Very few people knew I lived daily with my own inner demons. Prior to seeing Dr. Potash, I had been seeing a psychologist 2x a week and taking up to five benzodiazepines a day. A therapist recommended Dr. Pottash for my depression and anxiety. I reluctantly contacted him as a last and final resort. I really felt like a lost cause and that I was different from everyone else. I felt my depression and anxiety was "all in my head" and did not necessitate treatment. I believed I needed stronger willpower and to work harder. Dr. Pottash has changed my life. I no longer fight to get through each and every day. I can wake up with a positive attitude and accomplish daily tasks without a tremendous struggle. I no longer feel exhausted everyday. I do not feel worthless and lazy. I am now a generally positive person and lead a very productive and happy life. I am no longer plagued by eating disorder or suicidal thoughts. I am so grateful for Dr. Pottash's expertise. I would encourage anyone suffering from a mental health disorder to seek help and continue to seek help until you find the right mental health professional. Do not let people belittle you and speak down to you. There is hope. Don't be ashamed of seeking help. I would have never believed this six months ago, but recovery is possible. You deserve to live a complete and full life.

April 3rd, 2015
Amazing results
i had anxiety and a terrible depression. Visited several doctors before i met doctor Pottash . i completed a long questionnaire and when visited dr pottash took all the time to understand the information i gave to him.Very quickly he took me out of medication given by other doctors and on the subsequent visits he adjusted my medication which in turn make feel well in about 3 months. Currently i feel perfectly well and is all due to doctor Carter. Strongly recommended his services to any person with psychological problems

May 25th, 2014
Very thorough!
We filled out many, many questionnaires prior to the appointment, and we were amazed that he really took the time to read the answers. He listened, and he is not a pill pusher. We appreciated his conservative approach with our daughter. P.S. - His credentials are amazing!

May 13th, 2013
Sometimes the solution is simple
Have been to many doctors, with only partial improvement, or no improvement. He did a very long interview and came up with a very simple solution which worked and involved something I had been on in the past, but inadequate dose he said. He put me on it and after a month or two, with some adjustements, I felt better than I had in the last ten years. I never waited for my appointment to start; I see that the questions on this site asked me if the wait was five minutes, but my wait was always zero-- but there is no zero category for waiting time.

May 18th, 2012
feel like he saved my life
that's exactly what happened--he saved my life when I had lost hope and got some bad advice from another doctor

November 9th, 2011
He's the one to see, as far as I am concerned.
I saw other psychiatrists in the past, but help was limited. I agree with the other reviews I read here. He was very sympathetic to my pain and my suffering, and I felt understood what I was going through. When I got better, I recalled the things he said about the process and they were all right on. He does not accept my insurance, or, he told me, any insurance, so the fees were a stretch for me, but when I had a job it was worth it to get better and be under his care.Here's the thing, and I don't know if he would be happy that I am telling the whole world. He is expensive, but when I lost my job for almost a year, and didn't have the money to afford him, he continued to see me for free! What a guy! He didn't even make a big deal of it.

September 19th, 2011
An amazing doctor!
Just a great doctor

August 1st, 2011
I FELT HOPELESS; I HAD SEEN A COUPLE OF OTHER PSYCHIATRISTS WITHOUT ANY RELIEF. ONE OF THE ONES I SAW EVEN NEEDED A PSYCHIATRIST HERSELF I FELT! THIS MAN WAS SO CAREFUL AND THOROUGH IN ANALYZING MY SITUATION I CANT' SAY ENOUGH NICE THINGS ABOUT HIM. HES IN A LEAGUE BY HIMSELF. I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THE OTHER NICE THINGS I READ ABOUT HIM IN THE OTHER REVIEWS.

March 28th, 2011
He's is the best doctor I have found for my problem
I had a problem with depression and anxiety and got help fast; thanks Dr.Carter P!

March 16th, 2011
My internist told me about him!
I see a very prominent internist in West Palm Beach, and when I told him about my symptoms, he said Pottash was the only guy to go see. He was right; he helped me immensely and I am very grateful. I had terrible anxiety and depression; I had seen psychiatrists before but nothing seemed to work and I had just about given up, and told my internist.

September 18th, 2010
I only wish he accepted my insurance!
This guy is great-- the real thing-- my internist had heard about him and urged me to go to him when he couldn't help me get better. He's like going to a professor in NY or Boston. But, he doesn't take my insurance. I thought about it and decided to take a chance, as I felt so terrible. He was very careful about making the diagnosis and spent time ruling out other things that could have been wrong; he asked me to bring in all the blood tests I had done before. Anyway, to make my long unhappy story short ,things went well and I was, as they say, one happy patient. Now better, I see him every three months to be safe. Look, he's worth it!

August 13th, 2010
A happy patient
I, unfortunately, have had to visit a number of psychiatrists in the past, including those at major medical centers. In Palm Beach County, I was finally able to locate Dr. Carter Pottash (his name is A.L.Carter Pottash, but he seems to go by Carter). He was the best I have seen. He really got to the heart of the matter quickly, and pointed out some possible errors in my prior medication regimens that no one had ever noticed, or told me about. He keeps his resume in the waiting room for patients who want to see his background. It's something like 25 pages, with all these papers he has written, etc!!I see that he is listed on this site as an addictions and child psychiatrist. I asked, and while he has an amazing amount of experience with addictions, he said he primarily does work in psychopharmacology (using medications to treat patients such as me) with adults. He actually only treats adults and older adolescents, he told me.