Dr. Carter Pottash Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Carter Pottash?

He saved me from years of anxiety and sadness

Posted on April 29th, 2017

what can I say; my treatment with other psychiatrists was a disaster, but I found him and he made it right within weeks.

I have found the perfect doctor for my needs

Posted on March 25th, 2017

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr P. I had just about given up on getting better with any doctor, but he saved me. I have seen him for three years now, but only infrequently now that I am feeling so much better. I saw a review on this site by someone who said Dr P kept looking at his watch during appts over the past two years. I found that rather strange-- because it just so happens that I collect watches, and I joked with Dr P that he never wore a wristwatch, and, in response, he got one at Christmas a couple months ago and started wearing it. So anyone who says he looked at his watch at the office for two years is lying, because he didn't have one then!!!! He is expensive, but in looking for all types of doctors I have found that the cheapest ones are not the best ones. He was very specific in how he charged me for time spent; it was my option to request a long or short appointment, and he was respectful in not running over on the scheduled time, because that would increase the cost. He gave me whatever time I wanted. Seeing an insurance company doctor and waiting an hour or two sometimes in the waiting room is not what I wanted to do after trying it once. I never had to wait for my appt to start with Professor P.

He is the best shrink I have ever seen!

Posted on March 25th, 2017

Unfortunately, I have had to see a number of psychiatrists over the years. He is the smartest one of all of them. I have had nothing but good experiences during my three years seeing him (now I just go in occasionally, as I am so much better). He never rushed me, and I felt luck y to see someone who might be the only actual med school psychiatry Professor in PB County.

OVERCHARGES YOU FOR EVERY LITTLE THING

Posted on March 1st, 2017

If you want a psychiatrist that doesn't care about you and sees you as just another paycheck, Dr. Pottash is your guy! I saw him for approx. 2 years and he couldn't even remember my name. He had to check my folder every time to even greet me correctly. Dr. Pottash is a disgrace to the medical field. He doesn't care about you, he regularly CHECKS HIS WATCH during our sessions, and is quick to dismiss you once your time is up. He is super expensive and not worth your time/money in the slightest.

Dr. Pottash is a lifesaver!

Posted on November 1st, 2015

Dr. Pottash is a lifesaver! After seeing countless psychiatrists over the past eight years, I had nearly given up hope in resolving my depression,, anxiety, and eating disorder. Some prior psychiatrists had said I was "high functioning" and really didn't need medications. They had told me my negative thoughts could be resolved through cognitive behavioral therapy and persistence. Others offered benzodiazepines and countless depression medications. The psychiatrists I met with prior to Dr. Pottash had their own agendas and failed to listen to my concerns. They spoke down to me and treated me as if I was a child or an idiot. I am a very strong person and was able to overcome an eating disorder at 19 without mental health treatment. I have lived with depression and anxiety for the past eight years. To the outsider, I looked like a normal, high achieving individual. Very few people knew I lived daily with my own inner demons. Prior to seeing Dr. Potash, I had been seeing a psychologist 2x a week and taking up to five benzodiazepines a day. A therapist recommended Dr. Pottash for my depression and anxiety. I reluctantly contacted him as a last and final resort. I really felt like a lost cause and that I was different from everyone else. I felt my depression and anxiety was "all in my head" and did not necessitate treatment. I believed I needed stronger willpower and to work harder. Dr. Pottash has changed my life. I no longer fight to get through each and every day. I can wake up with a positive attitude and accomplish daily tasks without a tremendous struggle. I no longer feel exhausted everyday. I do not feel worthless and lazy. I am now a generally positive person and lead a very productive and happy life. I am no longer plagued by eating disorder or suicidal thoughts. I am so grateful for Dr. Pottash's expertise. I would encourage anyone suffering from a mental health disorder to seek help and continue to seek help until you find the right mental health professional. Do not let people belittle you and speak down to you. There is hope. Don't be ashamed of seeking help. I would have never believed this six months ago, but recovery is possible. You deserve to live a complete and full life.

Amazing results

Posted on April 3rd, 2015

i had anxiety and a terrible depression. Visited several doctors before i met doctor Pottash . i completed a long questionnaire and when visited dr pottash took all the time to understand the information i gave to him.Very quickly he took me out of medication given by other doctors and on the subsequent visits he adjusted my medication which in turn make feel well in about 3 months. Currently i feel perfectly well and is all due to doctor Carter. Strongly recommended his services to any person with psychological problems

Very thorough!

Posted on May 25th, 2014

We filled out many, many questionnaires prior to the appointment, and we were amazed that he really took the time to read the answers. He listened, and he is not a pill pusher. We appreciated his conservative approach with our daughter. P.S. - His credentials are amazing!

Sometimes the solution is simple

Posted on May 13th, 2013

Have been to many doctors, with only partial improvement, or no improvement. He did a very long interview and came up with a very simple solution which worked and involved something I had been on in the past, but inadequate dose he said. He put me on it and after a month or two, with some adjustements, I felt better than I had in the last ten years. I never waited for my appointment to start; I see that the questions on this site asked me if the wait was five minutes, but my wait was always zero-- but there is no zero category for waiting time.

feel like he saved my life

Posted on May 18th, 2012

that's exactly what happened--he saved my life when I had lost hope and got some bad advice from another doctor

He's the one to see, as far as I am concerned.

Posted on November 9th, 2011

I saw other psychiatrists in the past, but help was limited. I agree with the other reviews I read here. He was very sympathetic to my pain and my suffering, and I felt understood what I was going through. When I got better, I recalled the things he said about the process and they were all right on. He does not accept my insurance, or, he told me, any insurance, so the fees were a stretch for me, but when I had a job it was worth it to get better and be under his care.Here's the thing, and I don't know if he would be happy that I am telling the whole world. He is expensive, but when I lost my job for almost a year, and didn't have the money to afford him, he continued to see me for free! What a guy! He didn't even make a big deal of it.

An amazing doctor!

Posted on September 19th, 2011

Just a great doctor

Posted on August 1st, 2011

I FELT HOPELESS; I HAD SEEN A COUPLE OF OTHER PSYCHIATRISTS WITHOUT ANY RELIEF. ONE OF THE ONES I SAW EVEN NEEDED A PSYCHIATRIST HERSELF I FELT! THIS MAN WAS SO CAREFUL AND THOROUGH IN ANALYZING MY SITUATION I CANT' SAY ENOUGH NICE THINGS ABOUT HIM. HES IN A LEAGUE BY HIMSELF. I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH THE OTHER NICE THINGS I READ ABOUT HIM IN THE OTHER REVIEWS.