Dr. Albert Smolyar MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 26th, 2016
Highly Recommend
Dr. Smolyar performed my cataract surgery. I had the Restor multi-focal lense implanted with laser assist.This lens gives me the ability to see distance, intermediate, and close up. I had one eye done and the very next week, I had the other eye done. I am thrilled with the results! My vision had been deteriorating through the years. Immediately after the procedure I could tell my vision was greatly improved. I now have 20/20 vision in both eyes. My night driving vision is incredible. I am very happy with the results. Dr. Smolyar was very kind and prepared me well for the procedure.

July 27th, 2016
Dr. Smolyar perform my cataract removal and implanted the Toric lenses. The results were better than anyone expected. He is very professional and takes the time to explain everything. There were no surprises. I wouldn't trust my sight to anyone else!

March 19th, 2016
He came in on a Saturday to see me due to eye pain. Amazing!!

December 22nd, 2015
I am suffering from 6th cranial nerve palsy. I am going to Dr Smolyer because he is the only neuro-opthamologist in Louisville and I have had many questions about my condition. Dr Smolyer is a no nonsense kind of doctor. He has been patient and understanding. He has thoroughly explained my options and his choice in treatment. I feel comfortable with him as my doctor.

December 19th, 2015
Intra Lasik
Dr. Smolyar and the staff at Doctor's Eye Institute were amazing! I work in a control room atmosphere and use computers pretty much constantly. Dr. Smolyar performed Intra Lasik on both of my eyes, and I couldn't be happier. I went into the office seeing 20/400, and with a fifteen minute procedure I am now seeing 20/20 with not discomfort at all. BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!

December 18th, 2015
Dr. Smolyar He is a doctor that will answer your questions and explain to you and Laymans terms.

November 13th, 2015
Excellent experience
Dr. Smolyar is a very skilled, professional, and meticulous surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Smolyar and his entire staff. Every staff member that I encountered during the process of cataract surgery was compassionate, patient, and professional. The surgery was such a success! I see with such clarity and only occasionally need readers. Thank you, Dr. Smolyar!

October 15th, 2015
I had my procedure done the summer of 2014 after wearing tri-focals for 20 years..I am so thrilled with the results , I can see without glasses. the procedure was painless and though I was extremely nervous before hand, the staff was wonderful throughout the treatment. I was able to see without glasses immediately and can't even begin to tell you how amazing it is...I highly recommend lasix...

September 15th, 2015
Best vision !
Two people I know had cataract surgery by Dr. Smolyar and recommended him very highly. During my exam he explained everything about surgery and various options very patiently. I had my cataract procedure by Dr. Smolyar and it was the easiest surgery I ever had! The procedure was over before I even realized he started it. I wore glasses since I was a child and now I see great without them! I recommend Dr. Smolyar very highly .

August 28th, 2015
From nervous to ecstatic!
I was extremely nervous before my LASIK procedure. Dr. Smolyar was extremely calm and confident which helped during the procedure and post op. I am very happy with my 20/20 vision and would recommend Koby Karp Doctors Eye Institue to anyone!! Thank you.

July 30th, 2015
Dr. Smolyar is courteous, focused, thorough, and explains everything patiently. He doesn't waste time in chit-chat or banter; he is all business. I trust him with my eye care and he is 'easy on the eyes'.

September 30th, 2014
Thorough Exam, Efficient Office
I received a thorough eye exam in a very efficient, timely manner. Results were fully explained and all questions answered. I will continue to see Dr. Smolyar and would recommend him to anyone.