Dr. Albert Thrower MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Westfield, NJ

November 4th, 2015
happy i chose dr. thrower...
i tore my achilles playing basketball back in may 14 ,2011. the following tuesday, dr. thrower performed surgery. he did a great job. professional staff on hand. i never felt rushed or ignored.

August 23rd, 2013
Unfortunate appointment
I would like to rate him "No stars" and would not recommend Dr. Thrower to any one. He was dismissive of my symptoms, gave me only a cursory exam and did not give me a definitive diagnosis. Predictably he suggested PT which is what they all do when there is no money to be made in surgery. I had questions about my condition but his hurried one-foot-out-the-door manner prevented me from asking. I am sorry I took the time to drive there and waste 2 hours and Medicare's money as well PS His picture is outdated. He is much older.

July 24th, 2013
Part of a corporate machine
Highly courteous office staff. Part of of a most competent group of orthopedic surgeons. Has excellent credentials as a surgeon. Unfortunately, practice is now part of the Summit Medical Group corporate machine. Total time spent on diagnosis/ consultation was brief (i.e. 5 minutes). Felt as though he was "on the clock". Never discussed alternative explanation for problem unless prompted.

June 27th, 2011
Not a very good doctor
I have a had a long history of medical visits with many doctors in NYC. I heard Dr. Thrower was a decent doctor after reading positive reviews - I am here to tell you that nothing can be further from the truth. His bedside manner was just terrible. No regard for my schedule whatsoever. He rushed me through the appointment and even told me " He has other people to see ". Just not a very good doctor at all. As far as his skills go after going back to him again and realizing he could do nothing for me, I choose another doctor in NYC. This doctor is not someone I would reccomend.