Dr. Albert Van Amburg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

February 2nd, 2011
We Needed to Know Other Options
My husband was Dr. Van Amburg's patient when he had prostate cancer. I attended every appointment with my husband. First visit he insinuated that nothing could be done. We should of changed doctors right away. He did not suggest going to the hospital in Dallas until it was too late. He did not think about problems that occur when a person has cancer. For example- My husband said his legs began to ache when he walked. Having treated many people with cancer it seems Dr. Van Amburg would have thought about the possibly of blood clots and given my husband preventative medicine. When we wanted some help with swelling as a result of the clots, I asked,"Do you want to see my husband's legs?" He responded, "Do you want to see mine?" He prescribed a strong chemotherapy and then sent my husband home. I asked and had read that it might be good for the patient to stay in the hospital over night because of the chemo's strength. Next morning I had to rush him to the hospital because he was so weak. I was not even told that they were going to stop his medications because he had reached the Medicare CAP. I would not recommend Dr Van Amburg. Doctoring has become too routine for him and he does have much feeling for his patients nor does he suggest other ideas and alternatives when he doesn't have hope.