A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alberto Barroso:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alberto Barroso is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barroso
Eating Disorders Patient Education Read all about treatments and doctors to see for various eating disorders by reading our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Barroso Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alberto Barroso, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Peptic Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
Education & Awards
Dr. Barroso graduated from Universidade Do Estado Do Rio De Janeiro. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Barroso has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- Methodist Diagnostic Center Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alberto Oswaldo Barroso MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Alberto O. Barroso practice?
- Dr. Alberto Barroso has 1 office location.
Dr. Alberto Barroso practices Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Gastroenterologists.