A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alberto Barroso:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alberto Barroso is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alberto Barroso, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Liver Diseases
- Nutrition Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Peptic Ulcer
- Ultrasonic Endoscopy (EUS)
Education & Awards
Dr. Barroso graduated from Universidade Do Estado Do Rio De Janeiro. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Barroso has 3 hospital affiliations:
- The Methodist Hospital
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- Methodist Diagnostic Center Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barroso accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alberto O. Barroso practice?
Dr. Alberto Barroso practices Gastroenterology near Houston, TX.
See Houston Gastroenterologists.