Dr. Alberto Barroso Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alberto Barroso?

Awful

Posted on May 2nd, 2012

I went to see him based on his good reviews. He must be slowing down or burnt out because he was awful. Expensive testing; actually told me I'd gained weight and was just depressed when I'd actually lost twenty pounds and my shorts were falling off (and was at a normal BMI); completely dismissed all my concerns and was very short with me. I am a medical professional myself and was very insulted. He and his nurse stopped returning calls after my insurance changed and I questioned whether another (my fourth overall) scope was needed. A different doctor figured out it was food allergies and pancreatic insufficiency. Good thing I'm not just fat and depressed. Idiot.

Worst experience ever!

Posted on March 9th, 2011

This was the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor! I had one appointment with him and one procedure and I've already had to pay over $1000! He had me convinced something was really wrong with me when my symptoms were minor. He suggested one procedure that I followed through with that turned up nothing! It said I was completely healthy! He also sent off for blood work to a lap in California that his office new my insurance didn't cover and I was charged $250 for that. It turned up nothing! When they found this out they called me and said they forgot to test for something and wanted me to come in for another office visit and more lab work! They had also done a biopsy of heathy tissue which also turned up nothing! But before they'd even gotten those results back they were trying to send me for more tests!! Luckily I never went in for more tests and now I'm completely fine my symptoms went away by themself! But over $1000 out of my pocket! I am continually receiving more bills of things I supposedly owe him and the hospital! I am completely infuriated my Dr. Barroso and want to warn everyone that this doctor will take all your money!! Please don't go visit him!!

Worst experience ever!

Posted on March 8th, 2011

Posted on November 30th, 2010

This is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. He is kind and patient and very thorough. I highly recommend him.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on August 26th, 2010

I love this doctor. What a great bedside manner. He is patient and kind and he listens to you. He talks to you in laymen terms so that you can understand him. He spent over 30 minutes on the phone with me and my husband when my test results came back. My last visit he told me he was taking my chart home with him to do more intense study of my test results and asked me to phone him in a few days. He wanted to be able to go over everything very thoroughly. I highly recommend this doctor!

excellent physician

Posted on July 7th, 2010

colonoscopies aren't on anyone's short list of things to do. But I have had three, with polyp removal, from Dr Barroso, and the experience was MUCH easier than I anticipated. First, he is nice and straightforward. But he is also very good, the experience was easy and comfortable. people need NOT avoid a colonoscopy for screening from any fear of discomfort, or other negative factors.

Posted on June 20th, 2017