Alberto A Bolanos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 7 reviews

April 24th, 2014
KIND MAN, GREAT DOCTOR
I am writing this review because I think this has to be the BEST orthopedic surgeon in the entire Bay Area. If his office moved to LA, I would fly down for services. My first experience with Dr. Bolanos was for my mother's hip surgery. Years later, I had problems with my shoulder and I needed rotator cuff surgery. Although recovery from this surgery is difficult, after four months of therapy, I have excellent results. I could not be more pleased with his staff and his Physician Assistant as well. Dr. Bolanos takes his time with you and explains everything. His office obviously makes his appt. schedules so that he is able to meet his appointments on time. I have never had a doctor so organized and on time in my life. I have recommended many to Dr. Bolanos. He is just the best there is. More importantly, he is a kind and gentle man. I hope that you will consider this your first and last stop for anything you are having problems with. I am so impressed and so thankful to Dr. Bolanos for a surgery well done. I just can't say enough! Make that call - you will not be disappointed.

June 26th, 2013
Wonderful experience. They took so much time with me. Explained my diagnosis and treatment option fully! Highly recommend Dr. Bolanos and Krista PA

May 3rd, 2013
Wonderful office!
Friendly and compassionate staff and doctor. Short wait times, no rushing through appointments, accommodating, and caring. I recommend this office very highly.

May 1st, 2013
Wonderful
Dr Bolanos and staff are wonderful. They are kind and competent!

June 4th, 2011
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Bolanos always takes time to hear me out regarding my health issues. I never feel rushed and alway, always feel that he cares about my treatment.He has replaced both my hips and I have no complaints at all and would recommend him to anyone that needed an excellent, caring doctor.

January 5th, 2011
Surgery, But That's It
This fellow is a capable surgeon, but his interest in patients centers exclusively on the surgery and very little attention to much else.*His office staff seems a bit scattered and unfocused. No offer for filling out a handicapped parking plaque form, for example. *We scheduled the surgery two months ahead and I went to the office for the pre-operation visit and then to the hospital (a week before the surgery date). The following day the office called to ask what date I was having the surgery. (They didn't know?!?!)*No suggestion for orthotics or shoe augmentation, though the doctor noted one leg was shorter than the other. (This syndrome was noted prior to the surgery and on a follow-up visit shortly after, the doctor noted the leg length differential, saying "I can fix that the next time.")*Invoicing and billing are not the strong suit of the office, either. *Having changed insurance providers since the surgery, I expected to pay out of my own pocket for the one year anniversary check-up. When the office staffer learned I'd changed to a company with which they were not aligned, I was handed a form to fill out and my records were summarily placed into envelopes and I was dismissed without the doctor ever laying an eye on me to see whether or not his handiwork was admirable (or not). I was never asked for any identification, either!The good news is I feel fine and suspect I am okay. But the doctor's interest is solely with his surgery and the over all health and well-being of the patient is lacking.

March 23rd, 2009
Horrible Doctor
Dr. Bolanos's front office is rude and condescending. Dr. Bolanos himself is also rude and condescending. He is quick to cut. He is rushed and doe ...