Dr. Alberto Munoz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alberto Munoz?

Posted on January 19th, 2016

Has been my dr for 20 yrs. very concerned about patients. For me he goes above and beyond other dr. I've had. Answers all questions and takes all the time needed for visit. Strongly recomend

Made me want to punch him

Posted on January 6th, 2016

I saw Dr. Munoz for my auto-immune disorder. During my health history discussion I filled him in on our history (4 years) of infertility and that we were starting our first IVF cycle the following week. He proceed to make the following comments: "You're not using donor sperm, are you?" "Wait...you're using his sperm for IVF?" (We have a diagnoses of male factor infertility) "Won't your baby be deformed if you use his bad sperm?" (That's not how Male Factor works. My husband has enough healthy sperm for IVF and there is no connection between MFI and disabilities). "So you're ok with having a baby that might have something wrong with it?" "Why don't you adopt?" "But adoption is so fulfilling." (When I said we can't afford to adopt but insurance covers our IVF) "Surely you can get something through the church." (As if churches hand out babies.) "Are you sure you've explored all your options regarding adoption?" "So you just throw out the bad embryos?" (not at all how IVF works). "Wow, with your Endometriosis you probably can't sustain a pregnancy, huh?" (Not true.) He also was seriously behind on treatment for my autoimmune disorder and wanted to do a muscle biopsy to help diagnose my already diagnosed disorder as well as put me back on medication that has since been found to do NOTHING for my disorder. Unethical and inappropriate.

Posted on September 22nd, 2017