Dr. Alden Casanave MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

February 26th, 2015
I've had two surgeries done by Dr. Casanave - different reasons and areas. Excellent surgeon and wonderful follow-up.

March 24th, 2012
Poor bedside manner and poor follow up. Unprofessional and not thorough.
This surgeon performed an achilles tendon repair on me several years back and a few most post surgery I unfortunately had an allergic reaction. I needed revision surgery to remove the sutures that my body was rejecting. That's fine. I could deal with that. What was not fine was when I asked the surgeon what type of suture he implanted in my body he said that he did not know. I got my patient records from the OR nurse and no record of the type of suture was recorded. The doctor told me that I'd have to go under the knife again but not knowing what type of suture he used the first time I was not confident in his ability to make a better decision the second time around. Dr. Casanave was very unsympathetic and very defensive when I asked him about the suture. He came off very callous and uncaring. He also would not look me in the eyes while talking. He always looked away which was just odd in and of itself. I couldn't believe how incompetent/not thorough he was as a surgeon not to record the type of implant he placed in my body. Documenting implants is basic procedure. I verified this by consulting a plethora of other hospitals and surgeons. I was very upset and needless to say never let him perform revision surgery on me. I would totally avoid this surgeon if I were you. It took me 2 years to recover from an injury that should have taken 6-9 months.

July 3rd, 2010
excellent experience. I liked the way he explained things.

April 2nd, 2010
Great Doc!
Very professional. excellent Doc?

March 27th, 2010
THE BEST DR I EVER HAD
DR. CASANAVE TOOK TIME EXPLAINING TO ME WHY MY INJURY CAUSED SO MUCH PAIN AND WHAT MY OPTIONS WERE. HE TOOK HIS TIME AND DEMOSTRATED COMPASION FOR HIS JOB AND HELPING HIS PATIENTS.

February 9th, 2010
worst doctor i've had
I've seen over 5 doctors for a medical issue I had and Dr. Casanave was very unprofessional and rude. He same across as conceited and wanting to show his expertise rather than listening to me and being patient with questions. he was not very good.