Dr. Aldo Vitale MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

January 5th, 2016
Stay clear
Went to see Vitale after a jet ski accident. Didnt get to see the doctor himself instead saw one of his helpers. Her name was Lauren. She gave me an xray deemed there was no fracture in my ankle and diagnosised me with a severe sprained ankle, handed me an air cast and sent me on my way for a follow up visit in 3 weeks. While scheduling my followup visit the receptionist scheduled me for 2 weeks. So I return on my 2 week follow up, again dont see the docotr and see Laudren, her words "back so soon" i told her i was in the same amount of pain, still not weight bearing and think i needed crutches, her words to me were "i think crutches are overkill, but we'll give you a script for them" and gave me a script for physical therapy. Attended PT for 3 weeks, pushing myself to the limit and 6 weeks in and still felt the same. On my 3 return to the office i finally see the doctor, i asked if the damage was permanent he said "no" i said how do we know, we never went for an MRI, he said "you want to go for an MRI, we'll send you for one" MRI came back with a talus fracture and the PT treatment i was doing was just causing me more damage. Went back for a 4th visit and he bives me. Walking boot,which ended up being the wrong boot in a whole. Finally switching doctors to find out my talus is now suffering from extreme post traumatic arthritis due to the wrong treatment for 3 weeks in PT. now im seeking other options.

October 18th, 2015
Dr. Vitale will make the patient feel comfortable before surgery. He is a wonderful surgeon, save my leg when I was hit by a car. Real nice person besides a very good surgeon.

November 20th, 2013
Go Here if You Want Every Other Patient to Hear Your Business
The waiting area is more like a zoo, with the amount of kids that are sometimes in the waiting area (and the parents who refuse to keep them in control) I had to sit through 45 minutes of a little kid growling/screaming at everyone while I was waiting. Also I loved that the front desk kept referring to me as "This guy" whenever they spoke to me. Had to undertake an X-Ray, the tech told me I had to remove my pants because he couldn't do an XRay through jeans. No problem, I took my pants off and had boxers and the cover kept coming off but the tech kept leaving the door to the room open which looks onto the hall that has all the rooms. At least 5-10 people saw me laying on that table in my boxers. Doctor Vitale must have been going for a speed record, spent at most 3 minutes in the room with me before sending for an MRI and sending me on my way. Nothing more annoying than waiting 45 minutes to be seen only for the doctor to spend 3 minutes with you. After I had to wait 10 minutes for a lady to come out to give me the referral for the MRI and she was insisting I go to a certain place for the MRI. I told her that I live down the block from another imaging place and it would be easier for me to go there she proceeded to give me an attitude and ask me what's the big deal. I guess this office gets a cut from referrals to imaging places. My follow up appt after the MRI was the best, I went in and I had to wait on the table for 10 minutes while Dr. Vitale was giving a massage to one of his employees in another room because her back hurt. (Honestly wish I was embellishing here). He comes in the room and reads off the report (I don't trust doctors that don't look at the images themselves), tells me to lose weight, take a pill and if I want go for physical therapy I could go but I didn't have to. He proceeds to start recording his notes IN THE HALLWAY, in front of about 3-4 other patients, saying my name, and all my issues. One of the assistants then proceeds to give me "reading material" about my issue (printed from the internet that anyone can get) and forgets to give me the prescription, had to wait another 10 minutes for this. This office is terrible and I still having the issue I went there for, don't go here it's honestly not worth it. I could keep writing, but I have to stop. Also, I'm not one of those difficult people to work with, I am very friendly and patient, and didn't give the office any problems while I was there. Also I couldn't pay my copay during my follow up because the front desk was too busy gossiping to acknowledge me.

July 29th, 2013
Very disappointing
While the dr was acceptable, his staff and desk people were horrible. They were rude and uncaring. I would like to believe that their is not aware of this uncaring attitude of his staff. If he knows about it and still allows it, I would strongly recommend that you find anotherdr..who has a staff that is polite and caring.

September 25th, 2012
Horrific Bedside Manner
The doctor spent less than 2 minutes with me in total. He wouldn't even let me speak, and then told me there was nothing wrong when he didn't even look at me once. Really? Why did I waste my time and money on that?

July 24th, 2012
DR.VITALE MISDIAGNOSED ME.HE DID NOT SEE ME MY LAST TWO APPOINTMENT.HAD A PYSCIAN ASSISTANT TAKE CARE OF ME.HE SAW ME ONCE AND DID NOT REALIZE MY MAIN PROBLEM IS MY LEFT HIP WHICH NEEDS A REPLACEMENT.

September 30th, 2009
He is the best Orthopaedic Surgeon!