Overall Review

3.9

October 29th, 2015
Professional and caring Doctor and staff. Very supportive. Staff is exceptional.

August 9th, 2012
Well run office
I'd like to comment to the obviously politically incorrect and ignorant person that used the expression, "Spanish biller". If you're going to write about someone, at least take the time to learn their names. And by the way, the reason the staff is so fantastic is because of the office manager, not in spite of her. I have been a patient of Dr. Goldenberg's for close to 10 years and I've seen how hard she works.You should get your facts straight before you decide to publicly try to ruin someone's reputation.

April 25th, 2012
patient
I seen doctors for many years and none has i ever been happier with.

April 2nd, 2012
Patient of 5 years
I am a patient of Dr. Goldenberg for about 5 years. Dr. Goldenberg is a brilliant man and has helped me deal with my cancer. His staff over the years has changed a lot which leads me to wonder the type of management the office is under. Recently, his two receptionists are fantastic. The two people who draw blood are very good. His spanish biller is very helpful and diligent. His two nurses are beyond words. My only worry is his office manager. I hear a lot of complaints especially from patients. She is very rude and unprofessional. Also, I have heard her speak to her staff in a very demeaning manner. I see why now, the staff changes periodically. I have to say, besides his office manager..The staff and Dr. Goldenberg are great. Maybe he should consider a change in management.

March 28th, 2012
current patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Goldenberg's for over 8 years. He is the most dedicated, caring, compassionate doctor that I have ever met.This is a man that gets up at 5:00 a.m. every morning to be at NYU be 6:00 to do rounds for his hospitalized patients. He then heads straight to his office and sees over 40 patients a day. I know from his staff that he is in the office working, everyday until after 7:00 p.m.Anyone that knows him, can see how much he cares about his patients and will never give up on them.

November 19th, 2010
waited one hour, then left
And I asked that he call me, which he did not. This is not the kind of doctor I would choose.

October 23rd, 2010
if your health and dignity are of no concern...this is your doctor...if they are of concern...run the other way

July 10th, 2010
Perhaps a talented oncologist but an irresponsible caregiver
My Mother-in-law was a patient of Dr. Goldenberg's with lung cancer.While at the Hospital he tried to move forward with treatment without consultation with the family (which was requested by the patient). We tried to reach him for 4 days before chemo was scheduled to begin. We had to get the patient advocate involved to get him on the phone. When we did speak he claimed that he had thoroughly gone through everything with his patient during his rounds. Well his rounds were from 5 - 6 am when she was still on morphine for pain. She remembered seeing him but no details of what they discussed. She also requested a full diagnosis and prognosis which he never gave.Once we left the hospital for a rehab center he insisted that she come to his office, not the hospital, for chemo even though she was already going to hospital for radiation. The extra travel was both a physical and financial burden on her. Everyone medical professional I have consulted agrees that there was only one reason for this, more money for Dr. Goldenberg.On her first visit to his office (he had not seen her for two weeks) he took one look at her (he did not examine her o consult with us about how she was really doing) and told her how good she looked and that she should be ready to go back home in a couple of weeks. This was just plain cruel. The reality was that her physical therapy was going terribly and it was quite clear that she was going to need nursing care. We had already been gently working with her to prepare her for the reality of her situation and he undid all of that in 5 seconds and set her up for severe failure and disappointment.On a subsequent visits, they tested her blood and denied her chemo because of a high white cell count. The trips to his office were becoming more and more difficult for her. She had a transfusion to help her blood counts that really wiped her out. Before the next visit I requested that we do the test at the rehab center to avoid any unnecessary trips, he insisted that she come in just to do the blood test. So we came in and we were denied chemo again. They sent her back for another transfusion. The next transfusion pushed her over the edge and several medical experts suggested that she should be in hospice but we needed Dr. Goldenberg's approval. He happened to be away at this time but the Dr. who was on call for him took a day to call back and then 3-4 days to respond to our request for approval for hospice. By that time we had already found another way to get her into hospice care because she was suffering so badly, we couldn't wait.All in all I would say if you have cancer and there is a good chance of survival, then Dr. Goldberg might be able to help you. If you are looking at a borderline or terminal situation, stay away. He is not capable of dealing with the levels ofcompassion and honesty necessary for real care giving.