Dr. Alec Koo MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Torrance, CA

January 23rd, 2015
I am a relatively new patient, so it is still too early for me to correctly evaluate Dr. Koo's diagnosis accuracy. However, he took the time to schedule various scans and ultrasound diagnostics in order to determine a correct evaluation.

October 27th, 2014
A Success Story
Dr. Koo treated my father, Ion Rusu for 14 years and I can safely say that if it was not for Dr. Koo, my father would have been dead long ago. Dr. Koo gave years of life to my father! During all this period, Dr. Koo exhibited a level of professionalism and compassion that can be set as example in the medical field. He coordinated my father’s treatment with dedication and optimism, always a step ahead of the diseases; it was not always easy as he was dealing with prostate cancer that was unpredictable and aggressive. I did into believed in miracles until I experienced the story of my father under Dr. Koo’s care. Diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2000 by a different doctor and given only six months to live, my father became a patient of Dr. Koo. Even though his specialty is urology, not oncology Dr. Koo created a treatment plan for my father that exceeded all expectations. From day one, he treated my father with the most respect and for over 13 years he was always a step ahead of the disease. Every new treatment available or on trial was presented and tried in his case. As I closely monitored this relationship and was part of the team, as a translator and a coordinator on my father’s side, I could not stop of being amazed each and every time we met with Dr. Koo on the breadth of knowledge and interest he put in his job and further in helping his patients. This year, at Dr. Koo’s recommendation we moved to Dr. Nishimoto and together they tried one last thing for my father- the chemo. As the last resort, it lasted for couple of months after which finally my father succumbed to the diseases that he fought for 14 years. As sad as it is to accept the reality of today, I cannot stop in recalling and appreciating all that was done for my father over this period of time. From six months to 14 years is a pretty good record and Dr. Koo was a key part of this success story. A gentleman, a great doctor and a superb human being, compassionate and caring, Dr. Koo is by far on the top of the list of doctors. Thank you Dr. Koo!

February 18th, 2014
inexperienced office staff leaves teh question of aptitude of the Dr.
Initial appointment was cancelled via USPS mail, did not recieve the notice until the following day so I rescheduled during my visit. Next Tuesday at 09:30. I arrive today, and the staff looks at me and tells me the apt is tomorrow, the Dr doesn't come in Tuesday mornings. I've taken 2 hours of sick leave to go to appointments that don't exist due to the office staff being completely incompetent, inempt to performa basic functions such as a appointment calendar, make phone calls to update status', let alone admit their own faults. I will discuss the innerworkings of this with the Dr when or if I ever have my appointment tomorrow. I don't believe an aptitude test should be required to hire into a Dr's office to be a receptionist, but if you can't properly use a calendar, follow procedures, and document things properly, you should get out of the medical feild. I will most likely cancel and go to a new Dr since I am not sure I would even drop my dog off with this bungling staff who may well be a reflection of his choice in hiring them to work and be the face's of his business.