Dr. Alejandro Calvo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 12th, 2017
Great informed Dr.
Dr. Calvo is up to date with all the latest tests and treatments. I went to my first appointment with a lot of questions and some recent research and he knew about all of it. I never felt rushed and always had my questions answered. He has a calming manner that put me at ease.

August 7th, 2014
The Most Amazing Doctor
My mother was diagnosed with CLL in 2008 at Kettering Hospital. That is where we met Dr.Calvo. He is the most Compassionate, caring doctor. I would recommend him to everybody. If you have to have such a dreadful disease this is he Dr. you want to treat you. He truly cares about his patients...Amazing..We will never forget him Thank you

June 16th, 2014
No need to go anywhere else
I go to a doctor who is a cancer doctor. His name is doctor Calvo. Alejandro is his first name. He has been doing very well with my case. In fact, I don't have to see him quite as frequently now. I can't say enough to say how good he is because he is interested in you as a whole person. He asks you how you're feeling, he asks about your family, things that you've been doing to keep occupied. He's been my husband's doctor and he knew my husband died so he asks about him. He asks about my son who's also been his patient, but he involves himself with the whole part of you and he, again, is one of those people that sits there and talks to you. He is not running out the door. And if you have some other complaint or some other problem he will try to help you. Any medical problems he will also try to help you with that.

March 5th, 2014
PA-C Emergency Medicine, Daughter of Small Cell Lung Cancer Patient
Dr. Calvo is the best Oncologist I have ever met or worked with. He is very knowledgeable about all forms of cancers and blood disorders. I was very glad when my mother's Pulmonologist recommended him as her Oncologist. I had worked with him professionally as a PA in the ER managing the care of some of his patients who had visited the ER and quickly learned that he is very concerned about his patients care and well-being 24/7, not just when he is in his office or performing hospital rounds. My mother immediately felt comfortable with him on her initial visit and throughout the following 6 months of aggressive chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Luckily her cancer was diagnosed early and I am happy to say that her last PET Scan showed that she is in complete remission of such a sinister malignancy! We owe both Dr. Calvo and his wonderful staff more thanks and appreciation than words can give justice to. I would recommend this physician to anyone and everyone. There is no need to visit any other cancer care facility across the country...Dr. Calvo provides the very best in cancer care available in the Dayton area.

February 21st, 2014
Successful Lymphoma Treatment
Dr. Calvo is a brilliant doctor. Thanks to his treatments I am in complete remission. He has so much compassion for each of his patients, exactly the kind oif doctor you want in Oncology. Everyone in his office, from the check-in staff, to the medical assistants and nurses were was very friendly, understanding and reassuring. I was impressed by their intelligence, professionalism and compassion. They alll strive to make sure you are comfortable at all times.

February 21st, 2014
Timely intervention
We came here due to high risk pregnancy situation due to a severe form of thalasemia. Dr Calvo's timely recommendations and routine monitoring made the process very smooth. His timely monitoring of blood count, and proactive transmissions saved my life

January 3rd, 2014
Safe
The most important thing I can say about my first visit with Dr. Calvo is that he truly listened to what I had to say. He really talked with me and not at me. He spent a good amount of time getting to know me and my health issues (not just the cancer issue). I felt very safe and in good hands with Dr. Calvo. I now feel that I now have a partner is planning and caring out my health plan for the future. I guess that TRUST in the word!

September 12th, 2013
Love love love Dr Calvo! A few associates I work with go to him and so does my mother! I recommend him every chance I can. He gives the care, concern, has patience, understands, and speaks to you on your level, explains the situation again if you don't understand what he is explaining. He is very thorough and insists you take the medication and handles it in a way that helps you understand why he is giving you the drugs. Hands down I would love to tell the world how much I am so thankful he is apart of my life and how he made my second battle of breast cancer less stressful! In my heart I feel he truly cares about his patients I wish we had millions Dr Calvo's"

August 24th, 2013
jean
almost 4 years ago, i learned i have multiple myeloma. never heard of that disease before, and when dr calvo seen me at the hospital, he told me he would have the results of my bloodwork when he returns. i told him, whatever it is, come in with a smile on your face. when he returned, he was smiling, and told me of multiple myeloma. he said its not a cureable disease, but its treatable. and i was just told this week i am in complete remission and he had that same smile on his face. i thank the Lord for dr calvo and his staff. they take time, are helpful, have seen ups and downs during my cancer journey and has helped me thru every moment, i know its through the Lord, prayers and help of my family, friends, dr calvo and his staff that i have gotten this far.

June 21st, 2011
James Gordon
Very pleased with my care.I highly recommend doctor Calvo and staff for any patient with blood disorders or cancer.

June 9th, 2011
Nancy D. Clarke
Dr. Calvo is that wonderful and all too rare combination of brains, imagination, expertise and warmth of personality that makes a patient feel that he not only knows what to do but cares about you as well. I am most grateful to have this young man as my oncologist.

October 30th, 2010
mrs. Andrea McCullough
Very caring doctor, gave me all the time needed to answer questions! Would highly recommend him!