Dr. Aleksandr Itkin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Aleksandr Itkin?

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Aleksandr Itkin?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 10th, 2017

He can dance also

Dr. Itkin is a wonderful Dr. He keeps a great eye on my skin

August 3rd, 2016

Dr. Itkin: highly skilled, professional, caring physician

I have been a patient of Dr. Itkin with Scripps Clinic, San Diego for over 15 years. He has treated me for pre-cancerous skin conditions and has performed blue light, biopsies, and surgical excision for me. His knowledge and skill is the very best, he listens, is outgoing and engaged.

January 13th, 2016

He looks good to me!

This is an initial impression after one visit, but Dr. Itkin was personable, attentive, answered all of my questions.

October 15th, 2012

Jo M

I'm a fair skined lady with lots of skin cancers. Dr. Itkin is a kind very caring doctor that always listens and does a good job with leaving almost no scaring. I highly recommend him.

August 31st, 2012

Doesn't read your chart. Glances then diagnoses.

He didn't read my chart, glanced at my moles and said nothing was wrong, and then told me to come back in two years. The below paragraph is how I know he didn't even bother to look at my chart. Instead, he risked my health and relied on his "magic" ability to glance at a mole and know it's fine without knowing a thing about the patient history.When he told me to come back in two years I said that my previous doctor said every 6 months. He asked why and I told him I had atypical results before. He was surprised and asked where. Then he said not to worry about it as long as no immediate family has had skin cancer. Then I told him my mother, uncle, and grandfather have all had skin cancer. Then, again caught off-guard, he asked how old my mom was. I said 35 (I'm 29). These are all questions the nurse had asked and recorded 35 minutes before (he had me wait over half an hour and still didn't bother to read the chart). Then he brushed it off, said the doctor probably wanted money and that's why he said every 6 months, and told me instead of two years to come back in one year. Then I mentioned that the two moles were new (because I'm an idiot and went to a tanning booth last year before coachella... I know, I'm an idiot) and he said to keep an eye on them.He's a bad, lazy doctor who risks my health so he can be late and get through the day easier. Definitely not recommended.

March 21st, 2012

Efficient an professional

Dr. Itkin is focused and efficient and he and his staff were courteous and professional. I would have preferred more in-depth explanations (for example, why he decided it was important to biopsy a lesion). I was shocked when I got his bill: $550 for about 15 minutes including the biopsy scraping, plus another $250 for the biopsy lab.

November 14th, 2015