Alen Cohen Is this you?

Have you seen Alen Cohen?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 2nd, 2015

Great DR. He did a sinus surgery on me and I can smell again!!!!!

January 24th, 2013

Excellent sinus doctor

I saw Dr. Cohen after a referral from my allergist. I asked him for someone closer to me in Sherman Oaks but he said "look you need surgery, he is the only guy i trust." So I went to him and I understand why he's in demand, he's very concientious, understanding and direct about the issues. He explain everything clearly and said surgery should cure my recurring sinus infections. I trusted his opinion and had surgery. Best decision I ever made. My life is so much better with no breathing problems and no sinus infections since. I can't thank him enough.

April 14th, 2012

Best thyroid surgeon in town.

Dr. Cohen is one of the best and most intelligent human beings I've encountered in addition to being an amazing surgeon. I live in Palmdale and had seen 3 thyroid surgeons before him including Dr. Yeh at UCLA. All of them were cold and arrogant. Dr. Cohen sat down with me explained everything in terms I could understand, although thyoid cancer is scary. The surgery went as he stated, one and half hours and a 1 and 1/2 inch incision. I went home the same evening talking, walking, eating with a mild sore throat. One week later had a follow-up and went over the pathology report. Thankfully not in my lymph nodes. Now off to get radioactive treatment. I just hope the endocrinologist will be as good as him. No question in my mind one of the best surgeons in Los Angeles if not the country for this problem.

December 19th, 2011

Amazing physician and surgeon.

I've been suffering from breathing problems and nose polyps for over 20 years. Seen multiple ENT's and Allergists and was at my wit's end before I went to Dr. Cohen. I drove in from San Diego to see him and was not disappointed from the first visit. He is very forthright and tells you what the problem is in layman's terms. He personally looked at my CAT scan and explained to me the issues. He said I have polyps in my nose, a deviated septum and swollen turbinates and then showed me these things on the scan. I had surgery a month later and now 2 months out and I feel so good. I can breathe and no more pressure and headaches. I can't be more thankful and appreciative. I just wish more doctors can be like him!

September 13th, 2011

My parathyroid surgery

My experience with Dr. Cohen was great.I needed parathriod surgery and my H.M.O. doctors did not perform the mini surgery, so I changed my insurance and came to Dr. Cohen.He made the whole thing very easy for me. He is knowledgable and a good surgeon.I had a lot of anxiety,and he was very comforting and reassuring. The surgery went well, and I would definately recommend him to others.

July 26th, 2011

Parathyroid surgery went great

I saw Dr. Cohen after a referral by my endocrinologist for hyperparathyroidism. He said that Dr. Cohen is the best and can do it minimally invasively and that the procedure is outpatient and simple with him. I met him and realized why people come from all over to have surgery with him. He is very professional and very good at putting you at ease. It's like he's done the surgery a 1,000 times and he just knows how to make you comfortable. He explained everything to me in layman's terms and then scheduled the surgery since I had already done all the necessary scans. Surgery was last week and I was home 6 hours later eating, talking and walking. Dr. Cohen was absolutely right and I would have no reservations referring anyone I know to him.

July 11th, 2011

Avoid this doctor.

November 15th, 2010

Excellent sinus surgeon!

I went to Dr. Cohen after a recommendation from my neighbor who went to him for her sinus surgery and had nothing but praise for him. He met all my e ...

October 26th, 2010

Best nose and sinus doctor.

I went to see Dr. Cohen after a referral from my allergist who diagnosed my sinus headaches being due to my nasal polyps. He tried nasal sprays, sudafed, zyrtec, claritin, etc. with no improvement and so told me to go see Dr. Cohen to discuss other options. From the start Dr. Cohen was very professional and explained every step in my care. First I had to get a cat scan and be scoped, then he told me i have a deviated septum, big turbinates and nasal polyps which are blocking my sinuses. He said surgery was the best option since all else failed and I agreed although I was scared for surgery. He reassured me about the procedure and how it is done outpatient and there's little discomfort after. I just trusted him and had surgery 2 months ago and I could not be more ecstatic. I can smell again, headaches are gone and can breathe through my nose. I haven't felt this good in years and all thanks to Dr. Cohen, I just can't say enough about him and his staff.

September 25th, 2010

Amazing sinus surgeon!

Dr. Cohen is by far the best nose and sinus surgeon in town. I got multiple opinions and ended up with him after a freind had surgery with him too and both of us had great results with little pain. Thanks so much for letting me breathe again Dr. C!

August 19th, 2010

Parotid Surgery - Amazing Doctor and Surgeon, best in town!

I went to Dr. Cohen for a 2nd opinion on my parotid tumor that was cancerous. Dr. Cohen made me comfortable from start to finish. He is very caring and goes into detail about the surgery and the possible risks, but he is honest and forthright and never leaves you to worry. I had surgery with minimal pain, an incision that's hidden behind my ear and not even seen, facial nerve was mildly weak for 2 weeks and now normal, and was able to play golf a week after surgery. Now starting radiation treatment. I just hope that's as easy and goes as well as surgery with Dr. Cohen. He is by far the best surgeon in L.A. and after talking to friends who went to him for their thyroid surgery or sinus surgery, they agree as well!

May 7th, 2010

Best thyroid surgeon...

I went to Dr. Cohen recently with a recent diagnosis of thyroid cancer scared out of my mind. He reassured me from the first visit and told me that everything would be OK and that my chance for cure was excellent. Had the surgery with him 6 weeks ago and could not be happier with him and the results. He did the surgery in 2 hours at West Hills Hospital, stayed one night and home the next morning. No voice issues and little pain. He did it all thought a 1 and 1/2 inch incision too. What an amazing surgeon. My endocrinologist was so impressed and said that he will send him all his future thyroid surgeries. Thanks Dr. Cohen!