Dr. Alessandra Buonopane MD Patient Reviews

3.9

January 31st, 2017
Highly satisfied patient for over two years now.
Been a patient for over two years. Dr. Buonopane is very pleasant at all times although sometimes seems hurried. Her smiles are genuine and comforting. As a recovering addict with 24 years clean, she allows me to recover on my own and not tell me what to do. She has no pretense to how I may be feeling. I am responsible for my success. If you are looking for a doctor that supports your personal decisions she could be for you. If your looking for someone to take the blame for your irresponsibility, go elsewhere, and leave Dr. B for those of us who are responsible.

January 30th, 2017
Wonderful Doctor!
Dr. Buonopane is a great doctor who cares about her patients wellbeing and listens. I've had a couple different psychiatrist, and they didn't listen or seem to understand my issues like she does. I recommend her for anyone who needs help with their mental health or addiction.

January 3rd, 2017
Strongly Recommended
Dr B is the most professional , nicest and most caring psychaitrist i've seen so far. I started to see her since her practice in middletown. She knew my situation very well and always gave me good advice for my depression and anxiety. I've been doing so well on the medication she prescribed to me. Dr B cares us patients a lot and she's very passionate about her profession, i guess that's the reason why i can see there are quite a group of young patients in the waiting room during my every visit. Anyway this is the docotor you don't want to miss if you are looking for a psychaitrist who does meds management.i strongly recommend her.

October 21st, 2016
thoughtful and talented
Definitely one of the most thoughtful psychiatrists I have ever met. Easy to schedule with, cares about my well being, and get a 5 star recommendation across the board based on my 2 years seeing her.

April 23rd, 2016
Protect yourself and go elsewhere
If you are in any way vulnerable or in need of compassion, please go elsewhere. I have never left a review for anything but feel obligated to warn others about this woman. She lacks basic decency and any sense of professionalism. She cherry picks clients. I waited a month for an appointment. and then was rejected as a patient after being grilled mercilessly for an hour about events that occurred in my adolescence [over 20 years ago. I am 40.] I am 5 weeks postpartum and have three small children.depending on me. All I wanted was medication that I have been taking successfully to treat anxiety and depression for 15 years. She gave me a crumpled piece of paper on which she hastily scribbled the names of the hospitals located in Waterbury and Middletown and the last name of someone she thought might be located in Wallingford as her "referral" She said that Her "practice" was not appropriate for me., that I needed a whole team of people to treat me and she was going on vacation anyway. I was also told that because of a suicidal behavior as a teenager [ over 20 years ago.] I could not be trusted with meds because I might use them to commit suicide. I left feeling horribly judged. This person does not deserve the title of doctor or healer. You will find more insight and receive better treatment at the ER.

August 27th, 2015
Recently Seeking Help
I was recently seeking help for personal issues. After reading all the reviews here I decided Dr. Buonopane sounded like an amazing provider. I wanted to make an appointment. I was looking to consolidate my current psychologist and psychiatrist in to one provider. The reviews here make it seem Dr. Buonopane was that provider I was looking for. I wanted for myself what everyone who reviewed here before was able to receive. Help. The appointment process was quick. I called late on a Friday, I received a call back Monday afternoon and I had an appointment scheduled for the folowing day, Tuesday. Wow that was quick, amazing! On Tuesday, I showed up 10 minutes early for my appointment, I was in the parking lot for her office, I know because there was a sign on the road. However, I was unable to find any markers as to where the Dr's. actual office entrance was. There was an unmarked detached garage on the left and a white two story house on the right. The house seemed to be another business. I walked back and forth outside for 5 minutes trying to find out where the Dr's. office was before I finally went to the front door of the main house building. I knocked and a lady answered. She told me The Dr's office. was in the garage, okay. I walked back around the house and went to the garage, there I saw a small business card with the Dr's name on it, otherwise you could not see in or anything, I almost felt uncomfortable just walking in, it seemed like someones detached garage with no markings at all, other than an almost unnoticeable business card. So anyway I tried the handle and it wouldn't budge. I tried again, boo locked...By now I am freaking out I hate to be late to any appointment. I went back to my car and called my wife frantic thinking the Dr. forgot about our appointment. It was 12:29 now. Late boooo!!! After a few minutes a man, who I honestly thought, thought, I was going to break in to a car, came out of the house with a small dog and walked right up to me. I said I am trying to find the Dr's office. I tried the handle and the doors locked. He said "sometime it does that you have to lift up on the handle", I thanked him, made my way back to the door, lifted up on the handle, (backwards from every door ever), at around 12:35 to enter a very nice finished comfortable room. A little warm but nice. The Dr. immediately greeted me and gave me a few moments of privacy while I filled out her paperwork. When I I finished she came out and I was finally going to see a Dr. One Doctor instead of many. I was very excited to see her. Especially after reading all these great reviews. About how much she helped people and what great insight people got from her and how much talking to her helped, I told the Dr. I was (am I still am, boo) looking to consolidate my psychologist and psychiatrist in to one provider. The reviews here make it seem Dr. Buonopane was that provider I had been searching for. I wanted for myself what everyone who reviewed here before was able to receive. Help. However, Dr. Buonopane quickly told me that she only offers medication management services and she would not be available for talk therapy or any other kind of therapy (much different from all the reviews I read here). I guess insurance doesn't pay psychiatrists enough to do anything other than take a $20 copay (which she did return for this visit) to dole out medication after talking for only 5 minutes. I wanted/want to talk to one provider, for forty five min to an hour a week, And I want that one provider to decide what is wrong with me and tell me what medication I should take and what I can do to help/better myself and my life. Is that too much to ask for? Dr. Buonopane seemed very nice. However, the reviews here are not accurate. How can someone be diagnosed by her if she wont talk and only offers medication management. Someone is lying... I hope my review help those looking for help. This provider only offers Medication Management services. So I was told by her. Makes me wonder what psychiatrists got in to this business for in the first place. To help people or just for the money. Because I can't find one a reasonable distance from my house that does anything more that a 5 minute medication management appointment. I thanked the Dr. and left. She did provide the name of another Dr. a bit a few town away. Not somewhere I would like to travel.

September 23rd, 2014
Best Doctor
The kindest,sweetest Doctor ive dealt with in 24 years. Easy scheduling, very nice staff. Also very accurate with diagnosis. Would recommend to anyone

August 29th, 2014
Dr. Buonopane is extremely professional. She listens and really tries to find resolutions to meet her patients' needs. I have been happy and satisfied with my overall treatment.

August 15th, 2014
has ben veary healpfulll

May 9th, 2014
She is very professional and I have seen her for longer than I have seen all the other professionals in her field combined. I am very comfortable talking to her about any and everything and would recommend her to any one seeking help similar to the type I get from her. Dr. Buonopane is a very good psychiatrist in my opinion.

September 12th, 2013
I went to this doctor because there aren't very many providers of subox one in my area. She seems to be nice but I felt like she was very anxious and uncertain of her decisions and this made me feel concerned about how experienced and knowledgable she is.
Doctor's Response

At times patients project their own fears and anxiety on the provider. This happens especially when patients are not committed to abstinence and find excuses for not getting engaged into treatment. Change is hard and scary at times. I explain in details the kind of treatment that I do and when patients are still not committed to sobriety they may experience doubts and fears. I wish this patient talked to me about her/his feelings so that I could have provided some support and hope. Suboxone has the potential to be very effective for opiate dependence with associated psychotherapy and self-help groups. Many of my patients graduated from weekly prescriptions to monthly with compliance and good work on their addiction disorder. I completed my training in Addiction Psychiatry at Yale University Medical School. My experience includes medical directorship of the methadone program associated with Yale University and current medical directorship of the addiction agency MCCA in Waterbury. I have been teaching medical students, residents and fellows in addiction psychiatry for many years. Alessandra Buonopane, M.D.