Dr. Alessandro Olivi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alessandro Olivi?

March 25th, 2015

Incredible Humanitarian

Dr. Olivi is a truly world class doctor

December 20th, 2014

Excellent surgeon, and a very personable and caring doctor; supported by great lead nurse Dee

September 4th, 2013

You are the BEST!!!

In the case of my brother, Dr. Olivi looked after him almost as a family member. While treating my brother, it became clear to me that Dr. Olivi approaches his profession with extra care, a sense of heightened responsibility and warmth towards the patient and the family. From the very first day of meeting him, his soothing and calming demeanor reduced our anxiety levels. Indeed, the charismatic personality of my brother who spoke fluent Italian, also helped as they bonded instantly. His staff was also helpful and courteous. Sure at times the waiting for doctors is excruciating but that is with 95 % of the doctors. Relationship with all service providers and professionals like Dr. Olivi is a two way street. We were blessed to have him as the surgeon for my brother! Thank you Dr. Olivi!

June 7th, 2012

Dr. Olivi explained my condition & treatment options in terms that I could understand. He was very compassionate.

Overall experience was excellent. Sought Dr Olivi for second opinion & was very impressed so have continued with him as my treating physicians.

May 16th, 2012

great dr not so great staff

Dr. Olivi is an awesome doctor. He is nice and caring. I have been walking bent over for a year so I made an app. with him. I got in 2 weeks later but didn't bring my MRI so I had to make another app. It took over a month to see him due to my insurance. The office staff was rude to me more then once. When I did see the doctor he was great and he had me in surgery 4 days later. The hospital staff were all wonderful at John Hopkins. Doctor did a great job fixing me, I can now walk and am so happy! If you can look past some of his bad,rude staff in John Hopkins you will get the chance to meet a wonderful, very skilled doctor!!

September 27th, 2010

An Amazing Surgeon!

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Olivi and the care he and his staff provided me. Naturally, my anxiety level was high when I was was faced with brain surgery, yet upon my first meeting with Dr. Olivi, that anxiety was alleviated by his soothing and calming demeanor. Dr. Olivi told me he would take care of me and that is exactly what he did. From the very beginning, the course of action was presented to me very clearly and things moved quickly in a very organized manner. I knew what to expect prior to, the day of, and after surgery, during recovery. I felt that Dr.Olivi and his staff were very caring and attentive during the recovery time and no question or concern went unanswered. I highly recommend Dr. Olivi to anyone looking for a neurosurgeon. I really think I was in the best possible hands and above all, I trusted Dr. Olivi and what more can you ask for when you have someone operating on your brain?

January 20th, 2010

Highly Recommended

If you are reading this review chances are you are facing some type of brain surgery, but you've come to the right neurosurgeon! Dr. Olivi was recommended to us by Dr. Donlin Long for his expertise and knowledge of the brain. His patience, precision during surgery, and bedside manner made our stressful situation much easier to deal with! If you choose Dr. Olivi I think you will be extremely pleased!

November 17th, 2009

Brilliant scientist inot necessarily caring clinician

Dr. Olivi is a highly educated,widely published and professionally respected neurosurgeon and researcher. Over the years he has treated me, however, his increasingly busy schedule has made him less available and more impersonal. Non-urgent follow-up visits require at least three months advance planning. Thethe visit itself usually is only about 10-15 minutes, rushed not enough time to answer my questions. Once I had the last appointment of the day:his students came into the exam room. Dr. Olivi left, promising to return quickly. More than 30 minutes passed without his return or an explanation. I walked out through the other offices in this - now darkened office area where there were no staff - or patients - around. A little frightened, I waited about 15 minutes longer and finally left! Certainly, I understand that perhaps there was an emergency requiring his attention, but he should have at least sent a student back to tell me we would need to reschedule. Later, as an inpatient in neuro critical care unit, Dr. Olivi never came to see me or call although his residents and fellows told me he was around the hospital. Based on his diagnostic expertise, I would recommend Dr. Olivi for ONE OF SEVERAL expert diagnostic evaluations, but seriously consider finding a more patient oriented clinician to also be involved in treatment and folllow-up. Although greatly oversimplified, I guess as a patient one might determine if s/he wants a "Dr. House" or search for the illussive and rare "Dr. Welby."

July 25th, 2009

Dr. Olivi operated on my husband for a malignant brain tumor. After the surgery, I found it difficult to locate Dr. Olivi to discuss my husband's condition and when I did speak with him, he came across as impatient, rude and arrogant. My husband had many surgeries and I just assumed Dr. Olivi would display the same caring and concerned attitude as the other surgeons had. I certainly was disappointed!

February 23rd, 2009

Always too busy for his patients... I am sure he has helped a few...but didnt help us

Really greatful I found this site. I have been praying to find the right surgeon for a family member, and I couldnt Thank God enough for helping me find this site. I couldnt trust my loved one in his hands, after reading all your posts. It's true, he never spends time with his patients, always too busy.

February 19th, 2009

He is the BEST!

Everyone should have a surgical experience like mine. Dr. Olivi and his entire team are very caring professionals who truly believe in managing patient anxiety and I am here to tell you it works! I had a successful surgery and outcome thanks to Dr. Olivi and his team. They made this very scary experince a manageable one by being skilled and professional and caring human beings. I would recommend him to anyone.

December 19th, 2008

Never again

I had brain surgery by Dr. Olivi and developed an infection. The surgery to wash out my infection was done by one of the new doctors because Dr. Olivi was "not available". He never bothered to see me during my hospital stay. I never saw him again after my original operation :(