Dr. Alessandro Papa MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Newport, RI

3.3

January 14th, 2011
Incredibly wonderful doctor
Dr. Papa is a very solid, wise, careful doctor who treats you like a human being. My husband had throat/neck cancer, and his chances of survival were very slim. Dr. Papa was one of the three doctors (ENT, radiation and Papa) we worked with, all providing fantastic care. My husband survived and is thriving. I highly recommend Dr. Papa.

March 2nd, 2010
Wonderful doctor and staff!
I can't say enough about Dr. Papa and his staff. He is attentive, empathetic, educated and really does go the extra mile to help people. He diagnosed me when nobody else could. I treat with him on a regular basis and I drive nearly an hour to see him. I wouldn't have it any other way and will never trade him for another doctor.

January 24th, 2010
False Hope
My father was referred to Dr. Papa for bladder cancer after eleven months of treatment by an urologist. He ordered a ct-scan that revealed that the cancer had metastasized to the liver and bones. He reported this to my parents as "good news and bad news". My parents did not understand the full extent of this diagnosis. He subsequently did not return calls nor did he acknowledge the death of my father.