Dr. Aleta Declouet MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Slidell, LA

• Good
  • Bad

December 16th, 2014
Still trying to fix my life
Her mother/office manager made me attempt suicide. This is no joke. Please don't go.

September 15th, 2014
Never rushed
I feel the same as some of the patients. The office staff makes it so difficult to see the doctor. I have reported the problems with them to the doctor on almost every visit. I don't like it when I call and am hung up on. And I don't like Ms. Dorothy treatment of me. On one visit she called me in another room to fuss at me. She didn't know that the very thing she was talking about was what I had just discussed with the doctor. She has trouble remembering she is not the doctor. On the other hand, Dr. Declouet is great. She never gives the impression that she is in a hurry and is a very caring person. At this point I really don't know what I am going to do. As for the rating, I assume since the office was in your list of experiences I have to give a combines rating. The dr. is a 4 stars but her staff is almost a one.

May 30th, 2013
Former Patient
I have been going to Dr Declouet for 15 yrs. I love her dearly. It took me forever to find her after my doctor gave up her practice. Unfortunately, I am again looking for another doctor. I understand the reviews about her mother. She has made me cry several times. I hope Dr D does something before she loses a lot of her regular patients.

August 21st, 2012
Awesome Doc, however office staff needs improvement
Dr Declouet has great bedside manner. She is very professional, thorough and friendly. The office staff is not very friendly but this will not keep me from returning.

May 18th, 2012
so caring!!! wondeerful bedside manner!!! really makes you feel like you've been to the doctor when you leave-not rushed out!!! takes time with every patient!! what a delight,compared to my last doctor

May 11th, 2012
I recommend Dr DeClouet to everyone. She is thorough, caring and pationate. Sometimes the office wait is long, but it's worth it. She is considered out of network under my health plan, but it's worth paying a little more for good medical service.

December 16th, 2011
Dr is ok, but staff needs work.
My wife has been a patient of Dr D for about 10 years. In the past few visits to her office, my wife has remarked how poorly she is treated by the staff, particularly the office manager ms. Dorothy. Today Mrs Dorothy actually made her cry because of her callousness and rudeness. I had told my wife several times after having run ins with her that it was time to move on, "but I love Dr D, its just that troll that guards the front door", she refers to the office manager Dorothy.

December 6th, 2011
best doctor i have ever had!!!
never been to one like her before & i am sure never will again!! beyond personable!!

August 18th, 2011
wouldn't send anyone there due to her office manager
The office manager is degrading and she treats staff and patients like they are scum and the Dr and office manager are unproffesional

August 5th, 2011
best internest i have ever had!!! highly reccommend her!!

July 25th, 2011
Great doctor, but HORRIBLE office staff
The office staff of Dr. Declouet is terrible! They are extremely rude! The wait is generally HOURS. Dr. Declouet is fantastic, but her staff makes sticking with her pretty hard to do

April 12th, 2011
She is a great Dr. She isn't quick to write a narcotic. Which is really good. She is sincere and cares about the problem.