A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alex Azar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alex Azar, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology and Occupational Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Azar graduated from University of Pittsburgh .
Dr. Azar has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Peninsula General Hospital
- Atlantic General Hospital
- Peninsula Regional Med Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Azar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Partners - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alex Azar practice?
Dr. Alex Azar practices Ophthalmology, Surgery, and Occupational Medicine near Salisbury, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Laurel, DE and Berlin, MD.
See Salisbury Ophthalmologists, Salisbury Surgeons, and Salisbury Preventive Medicine Specialists.