A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alex Befeler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alex Befeler is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alex Befeler, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Transplantation
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Befeler graduated from University of Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Befeler has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Louis University Hospital
- Marshall Browning Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alex Scott Befeler MD is a male Internist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Alex S. Befeler practice?
- Dr. Alex Befeler has 1 office location.
Dr. Alex Befeler practices Gastroenterology near Du Quoin, IL.
See Du Quoin Gastroenterologists.