A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alex Befeler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alex Befeler is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alex Befeler, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Liver Transplantation
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Befeler graduated from University of Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Befeler has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Louis University Hospital
- Marshall Browning Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Befeler accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan