Dr. Alex Childs Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alex Childs?

Endometriosis

Have you seen Dr. Alex Childs?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 4th, 2016

Dr. Childs is an amazing Doctor. He is so kind and caring. He spends lots of time with his patients. He is a man of honor and integrity. He will do what is right even if doing so might impact him in a negative way. Truly, a Godly man.

January 20th, 2016

awesome bedside Manor

I thought there would be no way I could feel comfortable seeing a man but he was supper nice

December 25th, 2014

One of the most caring doctors I have ever seen. I would highly recommend him.

October 29th, 2014

5 Stars!

I have never had to wait. My pelvic pain was intense and Dr. Childs showed appropriate concern and referred me to a local PT (I live 4-5 hours away). I have been to his office 3 times and would actually like to return as my pelvic pain issue has reared its painful head! I trust his knowledge and contacts and appreciate the way he explains things. I wonder if he would accept me? Nevertheless I would recommend him. Wait time is that some patients have sever issues or travel 5 hours so I don't mind the wait because it could be me!

March 20th, 2014

Best Doctor Ever

Best bedside manner of any doctor. He takes his time if you have questions & treats you as if you were his only patient. His staff responds quickly when I call with a concern or needing a refill. Worth any wait to get an appointment or to be seen. He is very effective treating pelvic pain.

October 14th, 2013

A God Send!

(screaming) ABSOLUTELY THE BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER HAD! Cronic severe pain and 7 doctors later someone recommended me to him. It did take a long time to get in with him, and I did have to wait in the waiting room a long time...BUT EVERY BIT WORTH IT. (we have a neurosurgeon in the family who says the best doctors are the ones you have to wait a long time to see...you can wait for the best or you can go to someone who doesn't make you wait (probably because they are not such a good doc? just sayin) The reason you have to wait in the waiting room is because he takes TIME with each patient, he answers all your questions, he has THE BEST bedside manner, he is very caring. He even prays with/for you at your request! He is truly a GOD send! Getting your first appointment will take some time...he is only one man and has just so many hours in a day. I would advise any new patients to prepare for a long wait, do not bring your children...but know that when he sees you, you will have his undivided attention as long as you need it. His staff is exceptional and courteous. I would and have recommended him highly!

June 26th, 2013

Dr. Childs is an amazing and caring dr. I found out more in one visit with him that I have in all my years of seeing other doctors. He is truly a God send and my husband and I are forever grateful to him for his honesty and true knowledge of pelvic pain. He will spend as much time as it takes to make you understand and feel comfortable with what he is saying. Also, his skill as a surgeon is unreal. I can't even see the scars from the surgery he preformed yet can see all the other scars from previous surgeries not preformed by him. I'm so glad there are still doctors around like Dr. Childs and I am in his care.

March 22nd, 2013

would never return

Nurses treated me terribly. Dr. Childs left me needing an emergency D&C because I was hemorrhaging. I ultimately needed a full hyst. I have had 6 total laps and was never in as much pain as I was after his. I was bedridden for months. Would not recommend.

June 5th, 2012

Life Saver

This doctor saved my life. After 2 doctors in Montgomery butchered me in 4 surgeries and started me on unneccessary hormone altering therapies to treat chronic pelvic pain, in one visit with Dr Childs he knew what was wrong with me. He got me to a Physical Therapist that immediately started treating the problem and had me pain free in 3 months. All of those surgeries and drugs were unneccesary. All I needed was Dr Childs expertise. This man is a gift from God. He is caring and knowledgable. He really wants to see his patients get better. He was beside himself happy with my progress and even called the physical therapist to let her know how happy he was. What other doctor would do that these days?? If you have pelvic pain see Dr Childs!

May 22nd, 2012

Amazing Doctor, BUT.......

I was referred to Dr. Child's by another doctor because I had been suffering with pelvic pain for years, and was at my breaking point. He found the problem and began treating me. About 5 months after the surgery I became pregnant and had to switch to another doctor in his practice because he does not deliver babies, he only works with pelvic pain. I had my child and soon after the pelvic pain came back. This is where the nightmare started. I called to get an appointment and was told that because I had not seen him in a year I was no longer a paitent. So every week I called because the pain and months of bleeding were getting worse. Was told I would be put on a waiting list that was almost a year long because he was not accepting new paitents. I kept calling every week for several months until FINALLY I was given a morning appointment. I waited ALL day for my appointment in an over crowded back hall, with my daughter, no place to change her or let her crawl around, while I was in terrible pain. Found out that all the ladies waiting with me were there to see him, were all new paitents who either called the day before or called that day and got in. So much for that waiting list. Finally I had to leave at 4PM because my husband needed to go to work and I was already late picking him up. I calmly got up with tears in my eyes because I knew what this meant, told the nurse I had to leave to take my husband to work, she said "Okay, have them reschedule you in the front." Waited in line to check out because I had to pay a co-pay even though I never saw the doctor, and as I was signing my receipt his nurse called the front desk looking for me. I nicely told her why I had to leave and she informed me and the lady at the front desk that I was not allowed back because I left my appointment. No, my appointment was for that morning. I waited ALL DAY in that hallway. It is horrible to think that I have been suffering everyday for 12yrs already, and cannot get in to see the only doctor that has ever helped me because I HAD to leave to take my husband to work. No compassion from his staff at all and I KNOW that those orders did not come from him. If he knew how his nurse treated paitents I don't think he would be very happy. So yes, he is a WONDERFUL doctor, IF you can get in to see him. Ignore his rude nurse and know you are in great hands because he IS a fabulous doctor. I hope you have better luck than I have because honestly, I don't know how much suffering I can take.

December 17th, 2010

Very caring doctor

Dr. Childs is an extremely caring and kind doctor. He made both my husband and my myself feel very much at ease. He was available for follow-up after my surgery and took plenty of time to make sure that all of my questions were answered.

July 9th, 2010

Negligent Gynecologists

I admit I am not a doctor, however,when I realize that the pain is not deminishing and the treatment I am recieveing does not seem to be helping I am ...