Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Jun 12th, 2013

It is near impossible to make an appointment. Dr. Kutas is always booked many weeks in advance, which I understand for normal follow-ups. I think it's unacceptable to make a patient wait for over a month for a follow up when the doctor changes the medicine and problems arise. Dr. Kutas changed my 78 year old mother's medicine, and after a few weeks she has developed problems. I explained this when trying to make an appointment, but was told she had to wait six weeks to see the doctor again. I would have her switch doctor's, but she's been a patient of Dr. Kutas for over 15 years and is only comfortable seeing him. This isn't any way to treat a long time patient with problem(s) caused by the doctor changing medication.

|  worth the waitRTH THE WAITMUCH WORTH THE Wait  |  show details
May 7th, 2012

FOR 30 years, I have been going to Dr. Kutas as my main doctor. With complex medical problems I find him extremely knowedgable, patient with questions and helpful. I found him when he was a young physician, and I was desperate to find a good doctor since I had a life-threatening problem and was getting worse all the time. He is also my husband's doctor, and DH will not see anyone else. Scheduling and waiting time are problems, since Dr. Kurtas will see patients who have urgent problems which extends normal waiting times but it is well worth it. I hope he keeps on and doesn't retire.

|  5 STARS for Dr. Alex Kutas  |  show details
May 24th, 2011

If you whine about a average 30 min. waiting room wait, those minutes are worth your health. I had gone to over 8 doctors that could not diagnose me properly until I was in to see Dr. Kutas. I originally went in for a Gout and Thyroid issue about 2 years ago and come to find out; no other doctor noticed I also had Diabetes. I get a physical annually and lab work 4 times a year, not one person mentioned Diabetes except Dr. Kutus. I can only hope that retirement is not in his vocabulary as it took me over 10 years to find him. He listens, takes time to work with you and follows up. People forget that sick people may take more than the 15-20 minutes needed to see him so if he falls behind schedule and you know it, bring a book or patience instead of an attitude as he is well worth the wait.

|  Saved my life!!  |  show details
by Lisa M. Brinks on Feb 21st, 2011

I had been to 4 doctors prior to finding Dr. Kutas. All before said that my fatigue, weight gain and joint pain was due to being a mother of young children. I knew it was more than that!! After reviewing my labs, medical exam and medical records Dr. Kutas diagnosed me with Hashimoto's disease and diabetes. He prescribed T3 and T4. I was better in about 30 days and back to the old me in 2 months! I have energy, no aches and the weight melted off!! He is amazing in treating thyroid and diabetes!

|  Quality that's worth the wait  |  show details
by Pam Bentson on Aug 17th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Kutas for 14 years. In all that time, he has diagnosed my condition, prescribed the best treatment, kept me stable and worked with me in managing the autoimmune disease. He has listened to every question and concern, offered clear explanations, given directions where needed and offered options when appropriate. The wait time to see him is, at times, lengthy; but even on the worst days, the consensus of everyone in the waiting room is that he is worth the wait and gratitude that he take the time needed with every patient.

|  One of the Finest Endocrinologist in Southern California  |  show details
by punkiebaby on Jun 20th, 2010

Let's face it -- if you have an endocrinological problem you probably don't have much patience left. Yes, occasionally, I have sat for maybe 20 minutes waiting to be seen. But once Dr. Kutas entered the office, it was like he had no other patients in the world. His focus was 100% on me. Ask him any question, go ahead, he doesn't mind, he will answer any and all questions. You could say you get your money's worth with Dr. Kutas -- oh, and one other thing, He is one of the greatest diagnosticians in this area. Also, one of the kindest, most caring physicians I have ever met, and believe me, I have met a lot of doctors who could care less if you live or die. Thank god, Dr. Kutas not only KNOWS what he is doing, he actually cares about how that affects YOU. This is the guy you're looking for. If the wait is long, suck it up, it will be more than worth it.

|  Arragant and condescending  |  show details
by Ron Regalato on Nov 13th, 2009

Waited over an hour in a small cramped office with rude 18 year old staff. This is the most unpleasant doctor I ever met.

|  Dr of the millenium!!!!!!!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 22nd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I was a patient of Dr Kutas untill I had to move out of state for a job. I have always felt he is a fantastic man as well as a dr! I never f...

|  Dissapointing Doctor  |  show details
by David Taylor on May 4th, 2009

After a long wait in a crowed room I end up talking to a non caring ,mechanical type of Doctor. I did not come here to be talked down to.

|  Why wait?  |  show details
by Ron W on Mar 16th, 2009

Dr Kutas has never been on time for one office visit. He keeps us waiting 40-60 minutes. I have walked out twice. If you get to see him he is great.

|  Fantastic doctor!!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 7th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I have been seeing Dr. Kutas for about 9 years. He is wonderful and very caring. His office follows up with you promptly. You do have to wai...

|  The finest endocrinologist in Southern California  |  show details
by vilmabanky on Jan 21st, 2009

Dr. Kutas is the only doctor I actually trust. He is professional, caring, genuinely interested in his patients and their disorders. A brilliant diagnostician and physician. I cannot imagine anyone saying anything negative about him. His office is busy because his patients will not go to anyone else. He is well respected in the medical community, as I found out when I checked into a hospital for an unrelated problem. I would recommend him instantly to anyone suffering from ANY disorder of the endocrine glands.

|  This office staff including Lourdes is non caring  |  show details
by Ononimous on Nov 13th, 2008

Long wait, they seem to have new staff everytime I go in. My most caring staff member there was Diane Campos whom is no longer there. They need more staff members like her.

|  You can find a caring doctor most anywhere else  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2008

Crowded waiting room, long waits, short abrupt visit. This condescending physician runs a mill. My appointment was cancelled without any notice. I drove 30 miles and waited 45 minutes in a crowded room only to be told to reschedule . I would not be seen until one week later.

|  Great Endocrinologist  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 21st, 2005 on insiderpages.com

I have been seeing Dr. Kutas for almost 10 years & am so grateful to have found someone who is willing to listen to my concerns. Because he ...