Dr. Alex Ky-Miyasaka MD Patient Reviews

3.6

March 17th, 2017
Ileostomy 2004
Excellent. "Saved my life". Very caring and concerned. Very effective and yet conservative approach. Listens to patient concerns. Uses latest techniques and technology.

November 12th, 2016
Thank you for your amazing skill, care and compassion. For saving my life.

September 9th, 2016
Very sensitive to my anxiety. Caring, available.

August 25th, 2016
The Best
I've been seeing Dr. Ky for over one year. Seen TWO doctors before her and they didn't know what they were talking about. Dr. Ky is simply the best. Never waited over 10 minutes for appointments. She is always so thorough when I have any questions (I tend to ask a lot at each appointment). On the day of the procedure, she made me feel secure. I was in the best hands. She also has a great sense of humor in the weirdest of situations. She is great. Highly recommended

May 13th, 2016
Dr Ky is very competent, able to answer any of my questions. Dr Ky is far more experienced then a doctor I was referred to on Staten Island. Office staff very good, congenial, they have a very efficient system for surgery consultation/screening; they have it down to a science. Dr Ky performed a screening procedure the day of the consultation which would have taken a couple of visits on Staten Island.

March 9th, 2016
fabulous doc
made me very comfortable, I was so embarrassed to see someone. Very competent, great staff, very available, relieved my discomfort

October 10th, 2015
fecal incontinence
Easy to talk to. fixed my fecal incontinence problem. No one wants to talk about it but its a real problem if it happens to you! Thanks Dr Ky!

September 13th, 2015
fecal incontinence
Dr Ky is amazing. She is caring and accessible. I had fecal incontinence - an embarassing condition but she not only helped fix my problem but also made me feel extremely confortable. also have early morning hours on some days- a big plus!

April 9th, 2015
I highly recommend this doctor
As much as anyone can ever be happy about having a colonoscopy or related procedure, you'll be happy with Dr. Ky. She's personally and professionally outstanding.

March 7th, 2015
Worst Bedside Manner Ever- Avoid Dr. Ky
A month and half later and I am in agony after a Fissurectomy and Botox. Ky did not advise me to fast before surgery. Still woozy after, she handed me a Rx for Percocet. I told her it made me sick but she (too lazy to go write another one?) insisted it would be fine with some food and that, really, the pain could be handled with a glass of wine. So I spend the first night vomiting and in agony. She refused to call in a new Rx the following day. I should have been advised to take a week off of work but wasn't. The first bm almost made me pass out and subsequent BMs in a public bathroom (I'm an elementary school teacher) were horrific. I'm not exaggerating when I say I have scars from digging my nails into my arms to hold in the screams. I was in contact with her Nurse Practitioner throughout the first two weeks who told me to pour bottles of water down my crack in the public bathroom after each bm. When I returned for the follow up, Ky inspected me for less than a minute, declared that the Botox hadn't worked, I had three fissures now and, yes, one looked like it wouldn't heal. She asked me to try and have one bm daily (?!) and that I need a sphincterectomy. I just took my second sitz bath today (it's 11:30) and cried yet again in agony from the bleeding and the spasms. Don't go to this doctor. I regret the surgery. I had one fissure that was annoying - now I have three- one of which is terrifyingly deep. More blood in the bowl than I can handle.

November 24th, 2014
Fistula Repair
It seems like most of the reviews here are complaining about fistula repair. I have the same issue with her. Now I am fistula free after a LIFT procedure by another doctor. I was told using the plug has a high chance of failure which I done and indeed a failure. I have to agree all the cons about here on reviews are true. After the failure procedure with a plug, she propose a very scary procedure that I needed go find a second opinion and this doctor said no need for such procedure. Lucky I am move onto another doctor and got my condition repaired.

November 8th, 2014
butt pain
Great staff great doc. I had pain and they got me in the same day. Took care of the problem the same day. Thank you doctor Ky!!