Dr. Alex Ky-Miyasaka Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Alex Ky-Miyasaka?

Worst Medical Experience of My Life

Posted on October 18th, 2017

Dr. Ky relies on her posse of residents to do the work. When she does make an appearance it's quick and perfunctory. She talks fast, doesn't listen and in the end- made it clear she doesn't care. More important, she refused to take responsibility for her own surgical results, insisting that I go to an ER, where they refused to do anything. (Drs. don't want to touch another doctor's surgery especially when it's recent.) I had a serious problem after she operated on me which required an intervention. Others told me to go to her office and make her deal with it. Her response? "What and risk breaking the stitches?" That was exactly what happened when ultimately a general surgeon at my local ER agreed to intervene. The blame rests squarely on her shoulders. It was truly the worst on most painful experience of my life, but I told myself it was worth it because I'd get my life back. The surgery lasted less than 6 weeks. Her response, go back to the referring doctor, which is what I did. According to him, now in order to fix the problem I require a much more complicated and serious surgery, and will probably be incontinent for the rest of my life. My advice: Run, don't walk, in the opposite direction.

Ileostomy 2004

Posted on March 17th, 2017

Excellent. "Saved my life". Very caring and concerned. Very effective and yet conservative approach. Listens to patient concerns. Uses latest techniques and technology.

Posted on November 12th, 2016

Thank you for your amazing skill, care and compassion. For saving my life.

Posted on September 9th, 2016

Very sensitive to my anxiety. Caring, available.

The Best

Posted on August 25th, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Ky for over one year. Seen TWO doctors before her and they didn't know what they were talking about. Dr. Ky is simply the best. Never waited over 10 minutes for appointments. She is always so thorough when I have any questions (I tend to ask a lot at each appointment). On the day of the procedure, she made me feel secure. I was in the best hands. She also has a great sense of humor in the weirdest of situations. She is great. Highly recommended

Posted on May 13th, 2016

Dr Ky is very competent, able to answer any of my questions. Dr Ky is far more experienced then a doctor I was referred to on Staten Island. Office staff very good, congenial, they have a very efficient system for surgery consultation/screening; they have it down to a science. Dr Ky performed a screening procedure the day of the consultation which would have taken a couple of visits on Staten Island.

fabulous doc

Posted on March 9th, 2016

made me very comfortable, I was so embarrassed to see someone. Very competent, great staff, very available, relieved my discomfort

fecal incontinence

Posted on October 11th, 2015

Easy to talk to. fixed my fecal incontinence problem. No one wants to talk about it but its a real problem if it happens to you! Thanks Dr Ky!

fecal incontinence

Posted on September 14th, 2015

Dr Ky is amazing. She is caring and accessible. I had fecal incontinence - an embarassing condition but she not only helped fix my problem but also made me feel extremely confortable. also have early morning hours on some days- a big plus!

I highly recommend this doctor

Posted on April 9th, 2015

As much as anyone can ever be happy about having a colonoscopy or related procedure, you'll be happy with Dr. Ky. She's personally and professionally outstanding.

Worst Bedside Manner Ever- Avoid Dr. Ky

Posted on March 7th, 2015

A month and half later and I am in agony after a Fissurectomy and Botox. Ky did not advise me to fast before surgery. Still woozy after, she handed me a Rx for Percocet. I told her it made me sick but she (too lazy to go write another one?) insisted it would be fine with some food and that, really, the pain could be handled with a glass of wine. So I spend the first night vomiting and in agony. She refused to call in a new Rx the following day. I should have been advised to take a week off of work but wasn't. The first bm almost made me pass out and subsequent BMs in a public bathroom (I'm an elementary school teacher) were horrific. I'm not exaggerating when I say I have scars from digging my nails into my arms to hold in the screams. I was in contact with her Nurse Practitioner throughout the first two weeks who told me to pour bottles of water down my crack in the public bathroom after each bm. When I returned for the follow up, Ky inspected me for less than a minute, declared that the Botox hadn't worked, I had three fissures now and, yes, one looked like it wouldn't heal. She asked me to try and have one bm daily (?!) and that I need a sphincterectomy. I just took my second sitz bath today (it's 11:30) and cried yet again in agony from the bleeding and the spasms. Don't go to this doctor. I regret the surgery. I had one fissure that was annoying - now I have three- one of which is terrifyingly deep. More blood in the bowl than I can handle.

Fistula Repair

Posted on November 24th, 2014

It seems like most of the reviews here are complaining about fistula repair. I have the same issue with her. Now I am fistula free after a LIFT procedure by another doctor. I was told using the plug has a high chance of failure which I done and indeed a failure. I have to agree all the cons about here on reviews are true. After the failure procedure with a plug, she propose a very scary procedure that I needed go find a second opinion and this doctor said no need for such procedure. Lucky I am move onto another doctor and got my condition repaired.