A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alex Lau:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lau
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Lau Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alex Lau, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Lau graduated from George Washington University.
Dr. Lau has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San Francisco
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - South San Francisco
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alex Lau MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Alex Lau practice?
- Dr. Alex Lau has 1 office location.
Dr. Alex Lau practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Surgeons and San Francisco Orthopedic Surgeons.