Dr. Alex Stock MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 9th, 2016
Caring and Empathetic Physician
I had started to feel very over the course of a few months. My symptoms were extreme but very general (fatigue, nausea, etc) so they were hard to diagnose. I have a complicated medical history but had a good relationship with my previous PCP, unfortunately he had retired and I was left to find a doctor that could help. After many different visits to Physicians and Physicians Assistants at various practices I was losing hope. Seemingly, every appointment, each Doctor barely listened to me describe my symptoms and instead focused on issues in my medical history from years ago. I was losing hope of ever feeling better, but a family member convinced me to keep trying and I just happened to make an appointment at Novant Health Lakeside at Afton Ridge to see Dr. Stock. In my first appointment with Dr. Stock it was obvious he cared about what I said and what symptoms I was suffering from. He didn't interject or interrupt as I explained what I've been going through and he seemed empathetic towards the situation. He navigated my complicated medical history with ease and focused on the present issues, ordering tests and exams for all possible causes for what currently ailed me that the other doctors had dismissed despite my pleading. He involved me in the diagnosis and treatment plans to insure I knew what the goal was and he even made sure to try and reinstill the hope I had lost from months of dismissal of my illness. I left from the exam knowing that every possible avenue of treatment was being pursued and with an invaluable peace of mind. Dr. Stock seems to be a rare find in a physician - he really seems to care about his patients and does an amazing job of taking care of them, as does his office team. By far the best in the area.

April 10th, 2014
good doctor
Good doctor he left his practice the staff at memorial won't give any info . they won't take his patients and left approx two hundred patients with out a doctor

June 3rd, 2013
Patient
Excellent, caring doctor. Most pleased with his care and bed side manner.

May 11th, 2013
Excelent Doctor but Horrid Office and Nursing Staff
I am retired from working in the medical field. This doctor is an excellent doctor and has a great attitude and appears to be very caring. I would recommend him highly. His office staff, on the other hand, is atrocious. It is almost impossible to receive any type of call-back from his staff. Additionally, the practice manager will initially follow up on critiques, but on a one-time basis only. In other words, the quality of care from all others, except this doctor, is not acceptable. I will not return to this office.

March 1st, 2013
Great Dr
Dr Stock is a super nice Dr, very personable, and helpful. The office staff are good but the nurses bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired in my experience. I would whole heartedly recommend Dr Stock.

October 29th, 2012
Dr. Stock is awesome
I have had to go to his office 3 times and he was really good at diagonizing the problem and accurately prescribing what I thought helped solve my issues. He is a calm engaging person and really listens and more than that he notices the little things ... I would recommend Dr. Stock wholeheartedly.

December 12th, 2011
Excellent doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. Very caring.

December 12th, 2011
Not impressed
Dr. Stocks nurse is the worst in history. She once left me in the exam room 20 min. waiting for an injection and then she asked me why I was still there. There have been many mistakes in the billing, and very unprofessional staff. When you call you never can reach the nurse or get a doctor, you are forced to leave a messages and to date his nurse has never returned my calls. She once called and told me I missed an appointment which I canceled with memorials automated reminder phone call since she didn't return the 3 calls I left for her earlier. The last straw was I have faxed paper work to her for a doctors signature and am still waiting for a return fax 1 month later. I am fed up with the Ooltewah staff and am presently looking for another doc!

December 2nd, 2010
Retired Medical Quality Assurance
I have worked with many health practitioners in my career and I have been a patient of many health care practitioners in my life. I searched long and hard when I moved to this area from a huge metropolitan area. I wanted and need a good doctor for my complex health problems. I am thrilled with the quality and appropriateness of care that Dr. Stock provides to me a patient. It is a real blessing to have Dr. Stock as my family doctor here in Tennessee! I would highly recommend Dr. Stock!

November 12th, 2010
Dr. Stock is the most caring and kind doctor I have seen in years. He has a wonderful bedside manner, yet is professional and very up-to-date on current medical trends and issues. Will tell my family and friends to go see him too!

May 16th, 2010
Find ANYONE else
After an X-Ray, Dr. Stock missed a broken bone in my ankle. The "boot" he prescribed actually did more harm than good. Another prescription for a non-narcotic medication was supposedly sent to the pharmacy electronically, but never actually got there. I called two separate times regarding the referral he was going to make about my ankle, but was told he had not made a referral. When I called back to complain about the prescription and the referral, I was told I should have been at the sports medicine clinic two hours ago! This was NEVER communicated to me. If you want a physician that you have trouble getting your medications from and you also want to take twice as long to heal, this is the ONE for you. As for me, I won't go back to see him for a hang-nail!

October 9th, 2009
Fabulous! Recommend him to anyone!