Dr. Alexander Abkin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 12th, 2017
Great Decision
Dr Akbin's office made this choice in life very easy and painlesss. I came in for my consultation and same day set up my surgery and the staff gives you all the steps needed to take to get insurance approval and nutrition guidence needed before and stern surgery. They couldn't have made it any easier and happy with my post surgery results with Dr Abkin.

May 5th, 2017
Dr. Abkin tells it like it is. He can give you the tool but it's up to you to do the work. He spends time with you to explain the surgeries, the risks, the diet, what he expects from you, and answers any and all questions. His staff is great and there is always someone there to answer any questions or problems you may have.

May 4th, 2017
Dr Abkin and his staff are the best! They are all the most professional and compassionate people I have dealt with. They give you every opportunity to succeed - online and in person support groups. A dietitian who is simply amazing! You will not regret partnering with Dr Abkin in this life altering commitment! I know I don't!

May 4th, 2017

May 2nd, 2017
Top notch surgeon/doctor
Great surgeon- caring and compassionate! Staff is great too! If you are seriously thinking of WLS, Dr Abkin is top notch!

April 30th, 2017
SOOOOO HAPPY!! I can;t believe what this has done for me, my life is changed. 10 weeks post op VGS down 53 lbs

April 30th, 2017
A blessing from God
Dr. Abkin has done Ulcer surgery and gastric bypass revision. Thank you for everything.

April 24th, 2017
BEST DECISION I EVER MADE WAS TO HAVE DR ABKIN PERFORM MY GASTRIC BYPASS
I have been a patient of Doctor Abkin for over 14 years. Not only is he very knowledgeable and skilled as a surgeon, but he also has awesome people skills. I still see him for my yearly followup. This type of surgery is Patient driven and through the years i have had some medical issues, but he is always willing to lend an ear and help resolve my issues when they come up. He says we are Lifelong Patients and that is true.. Occasionally I'll see someone grumble here, but it typically is associated with Payments, or costs that they had to pay. All's i can say is again we are in this for the long haul... your Insurance coverage can change year to year. If your insurance requires you to pay.... it's your duty to do so. Insurance is tricky but it's up to us to be an advocate for ourselves and know what our coverages are and what are responsibilities are. Thank You to Dr Abkin and his Support Staff for being there for us.

April 24th, 2017
Wonderful Doctor
Amazing surgeon, wonderful office staff. Worked with me to get my insurance to cover the surgery, explained everything.

December 5th, 2016
Angry Doctor
I'm not sure why anyone would go to this man. First of all, he is them most angry doctor that I have ever met. He was so fake nice the first time I saw him, then when things weren't going well he turned on me like a crazy angry Russian. I am so dissapointed. I left the office in tears and I will NEVER go back. Stay away from this angry man!

June 28th, 2016
Dr. Abkin is the best!
I had gastric bypass, with Dr. Abkin as my surgeon. He gave me the opportunity to use the surgery as a tool for losing weight that was holding me back from living my best life. I am so happy! I can move more easily, breathe better, and can fit into cute clothes! Thank you Dr. Abkin!

May 22nd, 2016
The best of the best
Dr. Abkin is the man who helped me save my life. That's no joke - his warm, calm, welcoming demeanor helped me address my weight issues and take control of my life. I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Abkin and his wonderful staff! They've been there for me every single step of the way. A completely professional, highly skilled, completely recommended doctor. A true gentleman as well, Dr. Abkin is like family!