Dr. Alexander Abkin MD Patient Reviews

• Bariatric Medicine Florham Park, NJ

April 24th, 2017
BEST DECISION I EVER MADE WAS TO HAVE DR ABKIN PERFORM MY GASTRIC BYPASS
I have been a patient of Doctor Abkin for over 14 years. Not only is he very knowledgeable and skilled as a surgeon, but he also has awesome people skills. I still see him for my yearly followup. This type of surgery is Patient driven and through the years i have had some medical issues, but he is always willing to lend an ear and help resolve my issues when they come up. He says we are Lifelong Patients and that is true.. Occasionally I'll see someone grumble here, but it typically is associated with Payments, or costs that they had to pay. All's i can say is again we are in this for the long haul... your Insurance coverage can change year to year. If your insurance requires you to pay.... it's your duty to do so. Insurance is tricky but it's up to us to be an advocate for ourselves and know what our coverages are and what are responsibilities are. Thank You to Dr Abkin and his Support Staff for being there for us.

April 24th, 2017
Wonderful Doctor
Amazing surgeon, wonderful office staff. Worked with me to get my insurance to cover the surgery, explained everything.

December 5th, 2016
Angry Doctor
I'm not sure why anyone would go to this man. First of all, he is them most angry doctor that I have ever met. He was so fake nice the first time I saw him, then when things weren't going well he turned on me like a crazy angry Russian. I am so dissapointed. I left the office in tears and I will NEVER go back. Stay away from this angry man!

June 27th, 2016
Dr. Abkin is the best!
I had gastric bypass, with Dr. Abkin as my surgeon. He gave me the opportunity to use the surgery as a tool for losing weight that was holding me back from living my best life. I am so happy! I can move more easily, breathe better, and can fit into cute clothes! Thank you Dr. Abkin!

May 22nd, 2016
The best of the best
Dr. Abkin is the man who helped me save my life. That's no joke - his warm, calm, welcoming demeanor helped me address my weight issues and take control of my life. I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Abkin and his wonderful staff! They've been there for me every single step of the way. A completely professional, highly skilled, completely recommended doctor. A true gentleman as well, Dr. Abkin is like family!

May 21st, 2016
Life changing
Dr. Abkin and his staff literally saved my life. He is caring and knowledgable. It's been one year since my surgery and I couldn't be happier.

May 19th, 2016
The best!
I had an incredible experience with Dr. Abkin's office. From my initial consultation to my year post-op follow up, the level of care was unparalleled. I'm 92 pounds lighter and, at 45, healthier than I was when I was 25.

May 19th, 2016
Simply the best.
Dr. Abkin is amazing. Not only is he a 1st class surgeon, he does not have simple "office staff" he has a "team"!! Everyone from the desk all the way thru the recovery room are 100%professional. I would challenge anyone to find a finer Surgeon.

May 15th, 2016
Talented, skillful, and caring!
Dr Abkin is a skilled, caring surgeon. I highly recommend him to anyone. He performed a miracle for me.

May 15th, 2016
The only place every to consider!
Beyond pleased with every aspect of my treatment and care with Dr. Abkin and his staff. They are all amazing!

May 15th, 2016
Very good doctor. I would highly recommend him and his staff for weight loss survey.

May 15th, 2016
Wonderful experience. Would highly recommend.

Health Guides