Dr. Alexander Abkin MD Patient Reviews

• Bariatric Medicine Florham Park, NJ

• Good
  • Bad

May 22nd, 2017
Best doctor I have ever dealt with in my life
I met with Dr. Abkin towards the end of 2014. I was emotional and nervous. After a previous consult with another surgeon and a horrible conversation with my primary I was geared up to fight for the surgery. The staff were beyond friendly and helpful. Due to work schedule and type of work they communicated with me via emails instead of phone calls I couldn't make our answer during the day. Dr abkin asked questions straight to the point about why I wanted surgery. He understood my desire, made me feel comfortable, even showed non judgement when I cried telling my story. He took time with me. Reviewed each option and explained his concerns and recommendations for each. There was no fight, no need to justify, he saw my struggle and wanted to help. I had my sleeve January of 2015. Dr Abkin even took time to call me back personally on a Sunday when a snow storm was predicted for the day of surgery. He personally assured me he would reschedule (I lived two hours away) for as early as possible if needed and that I need not worry. He kept his word and I only had to wait two extra days. I have no regrets choosing him or his office. I'm two years out and happier/healthier than ever. I look forward to yearly visits at the office, and can never thank Dr Abkin and his staff enough.

May 11th, 2017
Great Decision
Dr Akbin's office made this choice in life very easy and painlesss. I came in for my consultation and same day set up my surgery and the staff gives you all the steps needed to take to get insurance approval and nutrition guidence needed before and stern surgery. They couldn't have made it any easier and happy with my post surgery results with Dr Abkin.

May 5th, 2017
Dr. Abkin tells it like it is. He can give you the tool but it's up to you to do the work. He spends time with you to explain the surgeries, the risks, the diet, what he expects from you, and answers any and all questions. His staff is great and there is always someone there to answer any questions or problems you may have.

May 4th, 2017
Dr Abkin and his staff are the best! They are all the most professional and compassionate people I have dealt with. They give you every opportunity to succeed - online and in person support groups. A dietitian who is simply amazing! You will not regret partnering with Dr Abkin in this life altering commitment! I know I don't!

May 4th, 2017

May 2nd, 2017
Top notch surgeon/doctor
Great surgeon- caring and compassionate! Staff is great too! If you are seriously thinking of WLS, Dr Abkin is top notch!

April 30th, 2017
SOOOOO HAPPY!! I can;t believe what this has done for me, my life is changed. 10 weeks post op VGS down 53 lbs

April 30th, 2017
A blessing from God
Dr. Abkin has done Ulcer surgery and gastric bypass revision. Thank you for everything.

April 24th, 2017
BEST DECISION I EVER MADE WAS TO HAVE DR ABKIN PERFORM MY GASTRIC BYPASS
I have been a patient of Doctor Abkin for over 14 years. Not only is he very knowledgeable and skilled as a surgeon, but he also has awesome people skills. I still see him for my yearly followup. This type of surgery is Patient driven and through the years i have had some medical issues, but he is always willing to lend an ear and help resolve my issues when they come up. He says we are Lifelong Patients and that is true.. Occasionally I'll see someone grumble here, but it typically is associated with Payments, or costs that they had to pay. All's i can say is again we are in this for the long haul... your Insurance coverage can change year to year. If your insurance requires you to pay.... it's your duty to do so. Insurance is tricky but it's up to us to be an advocate for ourselves and know what our coverages are and what are responsibilities are. Thank You to Dr Abkin and his Support Staff for being there for us.

April 24th, 2017
Wonderful Doctor
Amazing surgeon, wonderful office staff. Worked with me to get my insurance to cover the surgery, explained everything.

December 5th, 2016
Angry Doctor
I'm not sure why anyone would go to this man. First of all, he is them most angry doctor that I have ever met. He was so fake nice the first time I saw him, then when things weren't going well he turned on me like a crazy angry Russian. I am so dissapointed. I left the office in tears and I will NEVER go back. Stay away from this angry man!

June 27th, 2016
Dr. Abkin is the best!
I had gastric bypass, with Dr. Abkin as my surgeon. He gave me the opportunity to use the surgery as a tool for losing weight that was holding me back from living my best life. I am so happy! I can move more easily, breathe better, and can fit into cute clothes! Thank you Dr. Abkin!

Health Guides