Dr. Alexander Yurievich Afanasyev MD and PHD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Afanasyev:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Afanasyev, MD, PHD is board certified in Nephrology.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Afanasyev graduated from Second Moscow Medical Institute.More Education & Awards
Dr. Afanasyev has 21 hospital affiliations:
- Jewish Hospital - Louisville
- Clark Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Afanasyev accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- University Health Care Inc., dba Passport Health Plan - 1 plan
- MDWise - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance