A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Alvarez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Alvarez is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Alvarez, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Alvarez graduated from Universidad Autonoma De Santo Domingo (UASD). He has 3 awards.
Dr. Alvarez has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Waterbury Hospital Health Center
- St Marys Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Alvarez accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Anthem - 17 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Americhoice - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alexander J. Alvarez practice?
Dr. Alexander Alvarez practices Internal Medicine near Prospect, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Waterbury, CT.
See Prospect Internists.