inactive

Alexander S Bailey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 12th, 2016
Dr. Bailey is an amazingly talented and caring surgeon. After three and a half years of debilitating pain, he fixed me and I am forever grateful to him for giving me my life back.

August 12th, 2015
You Live In Sin
Refuses to bite the hand that feeds. Has no problem lying in reports for worker's compensation. Obviously does not believe in an afterlife. No clue how he sleeps at night.

June 22nd, 2015
work comp
He definitely fits that a work comp doctor persona.

June 3rd, 2015
bad work comp doctor
saw him for a back injury at work he referred me to another doctor the work comp insurance sent me to another dr and he said I didn't and he caved in an went with what the work comp insurance company said and released me back to full duty

October 2nd, 2014
Qualified surgeon
Got great results from neck surgery. Dr Bailey is honest, dedicated, efficient, and I believe if it can be done, he can do it! Great experience and highly recommend.

September 22nd, 2014
E
He is an excellent surgeon who truly cares for his patients well being. Three weeks following surgery I am in less pain than I have been in the last 4+ years.

February 28th, 2014
Couldn't have had better surgeon
I, for the life of me do not understand a negative reviews about Dr Baileys personality, bedside manner, explanation of options, etc. these people were obviously people who are themselves belligerent or didn't get the pain pills they wanted. I have had 4 back and 1 neck surgery by Dr Bailey and there isn't a rude or uncompassionate bone in his body. From the first time I met him in 2004 he has taken the time necessary to order tests either read them himself or have them sent out for reading by a specialist. When my next appointment arrived he would come into room and sit down right away. I thought that was great because we didn't feel rushed while going over results and options and he stayed and answered all questions we had. He then explained my options but never ever said I need to have surgery which is all that will fix me. I do not believe he would do a surgery if it wasn't necessary. I'm extremely happy with each surgery he did as it gave me pain relief for the year or two until my next problem. My spine looks like its in the body of an 80 year old and I'm only 58. M bad luck. I have recommended him to others that have asked about a spine dr and all had good words to say, weather he did the surgery for them or not. Do not be afraid to get an apt with this gifted surgeon for a consultation. People that have questioned his attitude or purpose obviously don't get along with many people themselves. Thanks Dr Bailey for all your hard work and caring attitude.

November 8th, 2013
Very Satisfied!!!
I had a 3 level fusion in my neck. Surgery was preformed by Dr. Bailey. I have read some reviews about Dr. Bailey not having a good bedside manner, but I don't judge a Dr. by how nice he or she is. I want to know what is wrong and how we are going to address it. That's exactly what Dr. Bailey does. Doesn't sugar coat anything. Gave me the facts about the surgery (pro and con). It's been 3 months since surgery and I already feel so much better. Very good results for what I had done!!! This is a very serious procedure and should not be taken lightly and don't expect results to quickly. Thank You Dr. Bailey!!!!

September 24th, 2012
As a surgeon, he should review all medical information from previous doctors and does not. He formed his opinion per the insurance provider and not per the patient and the patients condition. He is easily paid off by work comp insurance companies. Would not ever let this surgeon operate.

August 9th, 2012
good job
2 level cervical fusion. came out of recovery with no pain. gave me my life back.

April 20th, 2012
I will never go back to this uncaring and rude doctor. He actually raised his voice to me and gave me very little time to answer his questions in full.

September 20th, 2011
Arrogant
His receptionist could be more friendly but back office is great.I have to say he does good work but does underestimate time of recovery. 1 month after back surgery he said I was ready to return to work. I could hardly do any household chores let alone work 9 hours standing all day. I returned to work 3 mths post op. I was only supposed to be in the hosp for 3 days and my stay was 5 days. Not his problem but the anethesia kept me asleep for 3 days. Still want answers on that one.If you want a job well done go to him but don't expect sympathy nor compassion from him.