Dr. Alexander Brown MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2
  • 13 reviews

January 2nd, 2014
He is an excellent Doctor, and his bedside manner is quite pleasant. He has a great sense of humor! I have always got a follow up letter from him on test results that were performed.

April 5th, 2013
Would recommend to others
I have been seeing Dr Brown for about 8 months. I was nervous about my appointment at first because I had seen a rheumatologist (Haider Abbas) a few years ago and he was so rude and acted like I was trying to work the system and get a diagnosis for disability. Dr Brown was nothing like this other Dr. He is very polite and takes time to listen to me and to answer any questions I have. I have read other reviews that criticize his bedside manner, but I think that he may come off as cold at first because he is a little on the quiet side. Dr Brown has been respectful of my health complaints and has been doing regular labwork to keep up with my reaction to my meds. I also really like the office atmosphere, which is quiet, clean, and very time efficient.

August 20th, 2012
Dr. Brown
Dr. Brown has a cold bedside manner not very friendly and doesn't really talk to you about your condition or your concerns. His office staff is ok but will not return your calls or update you on your lab work looking for a new doctor.

February 13th, 2012
Find yourself a better doctor
Find yourself a competent practitioner and not someone who treats you like a number.

September 25th, 2011
Dr. Brown gave me 5 minutes of his time to go over my complex medical issues. As a result , he failed to accurately diagnose me and put me on a course of medication with dangerous side effects. Will never go to him again

August 18th, 2011
Dr. Brown is very respectful of my time. He is knowledgeable and caring.

March 17th, 2011
Not your best friend- but an excellent doctor
When I was referred to Dr. Brown I was told he was one of the best in our area for my condition and so far he has lived up to expectations. His bed side manner may be a little cold at first, but I'm not looking for a buddy. I'm looking for someone who knows what they are doing and he does a great job at that.

January 17th, 2011
upset
I have dealt with some uncaring doctors before but this one really has left me to believe there isn't any good doctors left, I have had no help and office will not even return my calls to give test results after pleading with them this is awful I will not ever go back and will make sure everyone I know never go here, because they dont care if you are in pain or bother to let you know what is wrong with you, awful place..

October 14th, 2010
A great doctor
Dr. Brown makes excellent diagnoses, when other doctors have failed to figure out what's wrong with me. He has really helped manage my symptoms and improved my quality of life. He was a little on the quiet side at first, but proves to be very warm and caring the longer I see him...I have been seeing him for about 18 months, and I feel very good about my care.

September 23rd, 2010
Dr Brown is an excellent Dr. He is a bit stand-offish and I think that takes people back. But he listens and he is EXTREMELY THOROUGH! He does his job & I feel that I am in good hands. I trust in his advice. Just because a dr is not outgoing does not mean he is a bad Dr.

August 21st, 2010
Looking for a new doctor
Dr. Brown has not given me any reason to believe that he is a component practioner of medicine. He has ordered duplicate vaccines, not ordered baseline tests, not reviewed tests/xrays, and shown little concern for me as a patient. I wish his practice allowed movement from doctor to doctor within the practice rather than having to leave the practice to find a new doctor altogether.

September 30th, 2008
Excellent physician....very friendly, caring, and knowledgeable