Dr. Alexander Chalko MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 2nd, 2016
He is a waste of money and time. He did not help me, in fact I got worse under his care. He is not a doctor who really cares about his patient. He is only in it for the money. Stay far away from him.

July 21st, 2015
If there is a better doctor out there I have never found them. Dr. Chalko is simply the best there is. I have been going to him for several years and he has made my quality of life the best I could ask for. He is patient, kind, knowledgable-a brilliant man.

December 11th, 2014
policy changes?
dr chalco worked with me for 2 years and my depression greatly improved with the medications he recommended. I do not like that his office does not accept calls or fax from a pharmacy and will not call in a prescription without charging a fee. I ran completely out of my anti depressant and his office staff would not assist me without a fee, which I refused to pay. It was just the principle of the policy as other doctors will assist patients by calling in a prescription. I asked another Doctor of mine for help and he took care of the prescription. for this reason, I will not return to his office even though I do feel he was A good doctor.

September 29th, 2014
Has helped me very much
Dr. Chalko manages my medication for treatment of fibromyalgia, a pain disorder. I've had significant improvement since working with Dr. Chalko. I have been with Dr. Chalko for several years. My primary doctor referred me to Dr. Chalko, because my treatment regimen was no longer giving me good pain reduction. He has a quiet gentle demeanor that works well for me.

November 15th, 2013
Bad psychiatrist
Chalko did not listen to me when I tried to tell him my symptoms. He literally cut me off. He is too concerned with moving his patients along like cans on a factory line. Get 'em in, get 'em out and collect the money. Fortunately I didn't waste too much time with him. I now have a great doctor who takes time with his patients.

November 15th, 2013
Very good doc.
Dr. Chalco seems to care about his patients and has difently diagnosed me correctly. Would recommend his office to anyone...............

November 12th, 2013
No reason for bad reviews in my opinion
I feel like Dr. Chalco is treating my long history of depression and I do feel like things will get better with his assistance. If you think a visit consist of laying on a couch and pouring out all your problems this in not the approach to treatment today. See a counselor. he addresses all the areas I felt were problems in every visit

August 15th, 2013
I can't believe these negative comments. I had heard Dr Chalko could be abrupt, but I found nothing of the sort. I have been seeing Dr Chalko for over a year & am very pleased. His tone is very calming & caring. I would definitely recommend him to anyone .... but he is nothing like the TV doctors ... thank goodness.

July 15th, 2013
Dr. C is a prof psychiatrist not Psychologist nor Counselor
I am appalled at what I am reading from other patients. I used to work in the mental health field and there are many things patients do not know abt what really goes on behind the scenes . 1. A psychiatrist is not like DR Phil on TV . His primary role is to evaluate patient diagnosis and rx treatment. Just like any other Dr like a cardio dr, they just evaluate treatment on fact/evidence of symptoms then accordingly diagnose treatment . Psychiatrist are not counselors, therapist, or clergy so any feelings that need to be discussed should be evaluated by such members of the counseling members of psychiatric treatment. 2. He may have only been in session for 10min with said patient. But keep in mind, billing occurs per half hour to 45 min per insurance requirements and although face to face time was 10 minutes, the documentation and research spent on patient away from face to face interaction is also taken into consideration. On the business side in order to accommodate growing case load doctors also have to effectively facilitate an aggressive time management process. 3. Drug interactions, it is his obligation to inform all patients of any possible interactions. With a growing amount if new drugs there is an increased amount of harmful interaction that may be proven and documented or may not even be discovered at this time.

April 24th, 2013
RN
Dr Chalko treated me like I was an idiot. He would not let me tell him anything about my problems. He asked questions and would not let me elaborate or speak at all. He called me a liar when I told him I was taking a certain amount of meds and then I said something different. He is cocky and has a God complex. He needs to be a patient himself. I may go to my next visit just to tell him what I think because the first visit he surprised me the way he talked to me I was speechless because I couldn't believe how he was talking and treating me. Stay away from this quack,

March 27th, 2013
Do NOT trust this man. He did not keep the confidentiality of my sessions with him while practicing in CT & divulged very private information to others both in & outside of my family while I was going through a divorce. What is more, he abandoned me as a patient even though he was Dr. on record when I had a breakdown & was hospitalized. He was so afraid of the lawsuit I might bring having discovered his unethical transgressions. Note: this program stars 1 by default but he would not even rate that in my experience.

February 4th, 2013
Dr Chalko is a state-controlled doctor. I've been on certain medications for many years and he changed my medications but they are so highly regulated. When someone has been on a particular medication for 15 years, you change it for political reasons.