Dr. Alexander Chiu Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alexander Chiu?

January 5th, 2016

Avoid this doctor

September 27th, 2015

Best out of 5 other doctors for the last 3 years. Highly recommend.

July 25th, 2015

Excellent surgeon

So grateful Dr. Chiu repaired my csf leak. Such a compassionate surgeon, made feel at ease. Excellent care and follow up.

February 28th, 2015

Doctor Chiu is one of the best specialists in the world.

May 11th, 2014

My first and second visits with Dr. Chiu were a very pleasant and successful experience. Not so for my third visit. He was over 30 minutes late for my appointment that I had to wait a long time for. I had a situation that I needed to be able to get in and see him right away. Same day appointments are never possible with the doctors at UMC because they are all too busy. By the time I did see him my symptoms had disappeared. He acted like I wasted his time, and he was cold and curt with me. Rushed through an exam and just left the room. I definitely wasted my time. My time is just as valuable as his. Not sure I will return to see him. Maybe he was angry because he was not appointed head of surgery. He may be a very intelligent and experienced doctor but arrogance has no part in medicine.

August 13th, 2013

Excellent physician

I was referred to Dr. Chiu by another ENT physician who told me he could not help me. On my first visit, Dr Chiu was able to tell me what was wrong with my sinuses in about three minutes. I have been searching for that answer for at least ten years. Both of my former ENT physicians only wanted to do surgery (I had two and refused the third). I recommend this doctor to anyone with chronic sinus problems. The reason I had not found him earlier is because he told me he has only been in Tucson since 2010. Very friendly and professional.

June 19th, 2012

Disappointing and arrogant

I feel belittled and I felt stupid after i left Dr. Chiu's office. He is arrogant and I felt insulted and humiliated by the fact that my complain was all about my neck, and throat and ear area, and he made me feel like I was stupid enough to go to the wrong doctor. He shakes his head when I said all my symptoms, he asked me how can he help me and yet he was upset and he was in a hurry to finish with me. I paid for my visit hoping that he can give me a good diagnose why I feel what I feel, but then I felt ignored and more depressed than ever. I was hoping he would start by telling me to have all test done under his care, but he was asking for my old record, which is the reason why I have to see him because I wanted a second opinion. Nope, at least he could have start with scheduling me for a lab testing or something, but instead told me to look for another doctor who can take care of my throat problem and other symptoms that I told about. He was no help at all. If you don't want to be upset, do not go to this Dr.

August 30th, 2010

Absolutely the best

I need frontal sinus obliteration. In his care I did not worry, and felt as though a friend were carrying for me!

May 25th, 2010

Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction

Went to Dr. Chiu on a referral. Did an amazing job. I had heard horror stories about this surgery and recovery and I am on the second day and other than feeling tired from the med and from being under I feel great. Dr. Chiu and his staff are excellent, answer all your questions and fully prepare you. I would highly recommend this doctor. I had the procedure done at The Perlman Surgery center that is linked to Penn University Hospital.

April 14th, 2017