Dr. Alec Dunkel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

July 7th, 2015
Do You Want To Put Your Life in Alec Dunkel's Hands?
My white blood cell count was significantly low at my last check up, around 2.6, low normal is 4.. Alec Dunkel did not seemed concerned. My daughter, a nurse, tried calling his office to talk with him about the declining WBC count. Never returned her calls. She wrote a letter expressing her concern, never heard back from him. She called his office again, waited 45 minutes for someone to answer the phone, she elected to leave a message. 3 days later someone called her back, not the doctor. When she expressed her concern about the low WBC count and what course of action did Alec Dunkel plan on taking, was told "nothing, your father is 83, what do you expect?" Now a comment like that makes me wonder if doctors employed by Health East are given bonuses for not treating certain diseases geriatric patients have. One month later I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. Not by Alec Dunkel, another more competent doctor. After a 4 month course of chemotherapy, I am in remission with healthy red blood cells being produced. No thanks to Alec Dunkel, but the other more competent internist. He wouldn't even OK a nebulizer for me when I had pneumonia. Do you want to put your life in this man's hands? I nearly lost mine. I am so thankful my children convinced me to find another doctor before it was too late.

April 21st, 2015
I've been seeing Dr. Dunkel for quite some time and he has "always" resolved medical issues I have brought to him. Plus, he's a nice guy!