Dr. Alexander Gilbert MD Patient Reviews

• Nephrology Washington, DC

3.2

July 17th, 2012
A good experience for a doctors office
I was pretty impressed. I have been to doctor's where I have waited longer for poorer service. Staff was friendly as was the doctor. Most important, I was seen on time!

March 31st, 2012
The rudest staff you will ever come across. His mother works there and is a awful human being. She's beyond nasty and they all know it and have there hands tied because she rules the roost. She has not 1 once of compassion and thinks she's doing you a favor. The Dr is fat and the office never follows up when they take tests. I would stay away from this Dr and office at all costs.

November 13th, 2011
Had an excellent experience. I was seen on time and was pleased to get all my questions answered. Nice man.

September 10th, 2011
I was pretty impressed with Dr. Gilbert. I have had a few doctors and left my last one because he never explained anything about my disease to me. Dr. Gilbert took time with me (I had a full 60 minutes to see him- how rare is that!). The one negative was that I did have to reschedule my appointment because his schedule changed, but otherwise I was very happy.

May 18th, 2011
VERY disappointed
Geared toward getting patients to transplant EARLY......When walking around with a hammer, not everything is a nail.........doesn't give you all treatment options. Front office staff is uncaring and makes you feel unimportant and doctor is doing you a favor in seeing you!

May 6th, 2011
uncaring, insensitive
I have never had such a negative experience with a doctor. He was abrupt, even cruel, when he gave me what I considered to be a devastating diagnosis. I found him extremely insensitive and disrespectful. Fortunately, I have since found a wonderful doctor.