Dr. Alexander Hawkins Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Alexander Hawkins?

November 28th, 2016

Very patient answering questions

Very kind and compassion. Explained everything and gave time to answer my many questions.

May 26th, 2016

looking for a quality surgepn.

Dr. Hawkins would not listen to any of my questions. When I tired to ask a question he would talk over me. He made me feel very uncomfortable. He made me feel like I was just someone to make money off of. I would not recommend this doctor . Stay a way if you want to have a normal life

March 22nd, 2013

It's your Opinion

I've read all these reviews and all I can say is that if you're upset because your pains meds aren't working, ask yourself why and not "Why isn't he giving me stronger pain killers". The answer is simple, stronger pain meds mean stronger addictions and eventually people think they are super heros and can do anything because the meds don't let you feel the pain or anything and they end up causing further damage. I speant over 10 years in neurosurgery and saw this kind of thing all the time. And lets be honest has the surgery been offered but you are simply to afraid. And if he is trying other methods before surgery, did you know that 96% of doctors do that because THEY HAVE TO in order for the insurance to ok the surgery. Insurance companies like to start with minor and less evasive measures before allowing the surgical or big procedures. Not always the doctors fault, so please get the facts and put the facts out there before you criticize.

January 22nd, 2013

I do not reccomend Dr Hawkins, inaccurate diagnosis

August 21st, 2012

Very good doc. spent time to answer any questions I had in a way that I could completely understand and he made sure I did. Office staff is marvelous and very courteous.

June 5th, 2012

Pain Free

Dr. Hawkins did a discectomy on me 5 years ago. I was suffering excruciating pain, leg numbness and drop foot. When I woke up from surgery, the pain was gone. I needed no more pain medication during the recovery. He was very professional and caring. He actually took the time with me before the surgery to let me know what to expect, the risks, etc. He knew how scared I was because of the horror stories you hear about back surgeries. I am still pain free to this day. I am however very careful on what I lift, bending, etc. I would highly recommend Dr. Hawkins. He gave me my life back.

April 11th, 2012

I had more pain 1 year after surgery than before surgery

September 13th, 2010

Very Unsatisfied patient

I have been seeing him since 2007 when I had a liminectomy at L4-L5. Since then have had severe pain in my back and he's done nothing to help me for the pain. The weak pain meds he perscibes 5 a day of is barely enough to help me get out of bed in the morning. When expressed the fact of NEW back pains and legs pains I was told just to get a fusion at 26. Now I found out by another nuerosuergeon that I have 3 to 4 more disc herniations. He just doesnt seem to care about the future of his patients.

September 4th, 2009

Good experience

Unlike the ratings I just read, I thought that Dr. Hawkins was very professional in that he spent time with me & my husband explaining exactly what was going to take place when he my husband's brain biopsy. He looked over the CT Scan with us and was very thorough in explaining exactly what was going to be happening He performed the surgery at 7:30 p.m on a Friday night and after the surgery, which took about 3 hours, he came to the family waiting area and talked with our family. I always felt very comfortable talking to him about the brain surgery and he answered all my questions in a straightforward manner. Overall, we were very pleased with Dr. Hawkins and would recommend him to family & friends.

May 15th, 2009

Uncompassionate about pain

It seems to me Dr.Hawkins is uncompassionate about his patient pain level they live with daily,does not like to make the patient comfortable by giving them strong enough pain meds.

May 1st, 2009

As time passes by

I have been a patiant of Dr. Hawkins for the last 9 months, and in pain every day! He has taken away the slightly stronger pain meds. and put me on weak ones whitch I have to doulble up on now Im tired of living in pain every day and night . At this point I wish he"d just do surgry but he keeps trying other options

January 6th, 2017