Overall Review

2.3

July 1st, 2015
Would not let me even finish my sentence before he walked out of the room.

April 25th, 2012
weird Dr
He seems like a modern day hippie-type and stands far away and doesn't touch you and only spends a few minutes in the room with you after making you wait so long to see him

July 18th, 2011
Cool doctor
Our entire family (children ages 22, 15, and 11) have seen Dr. Alex Kaye since we moved to Gainesville in 2005. He is sharp and gets you fixed the first time. He has children and relates well to ours. He also provides our school physicals, sports physicals and camp approvals all the time. Love him! He's great!

October 5th, 2010
I have been going to this office for about 4 years and am finally fed up and ready to move on to another family doctor. The wait times in the office are totally unpredictable and rarely reasonable. They always have a 'good' reason...like, the lab tech just didn't show up for work so we are getting someone else in, the referral specialist had a family emergency so we have sent in your referral for the past 4 days... I have been told that I needed a prescription twice in the last month only to leave without it and when returning they can't remember why they didn't give it to me (excuses, perhaps it had an interaction or was contraindicated, etc.) The follow up is terrible terrible. If you want lab results, you have to call for them...they rarely call me to give them to me. You have to go above and beyond to get the info you need or the follow-up that they promised. It is just not worth the time. I have seen Dr. Alex a number of times and always thought he spent enough time with me and seemed fairly thorough - same goes for the nurse practitioner. However...once you are out of the office, you are no longer their concern. I recommend going to a doctor that gives you the time you need and the follow-thru necessary - this is not that place.

September 1st, 2010
No follow up or presciption called in
I have been going to Dr Alex Kaye for 5 years and have always had some minoe issues but I just chalked it up to him being very busy and no one is perfect but know he has completely lost me as a patient. I called to find out why he had not approved my refill and on his service line and for 24 hours no one called me back so I called again to be told that they did not have my number but I had given it to them more than 5 times, so I asked the nurse why and she told me that I needed to get my yearly exam. I told here that I did not know that it had been a year and was wondering why no one had contacted me and was told that it was the clients responsibility so I asked if he could call in 1 months presciption so that I could get my hormone medicine she told me that she would ask the Dr that was over a week ago. No phone call or anything. I have fired him and will not refer him ever again.

July 23rd, 2010
he will actually make you wait while he chats with a med rep outside the door. or finish up his lunch brought by med reps. common complaint among patients. very poor patient skills; almost never looks you in the eye. no follow up. wears odd clothes and hair-dos which would be more acceptable if the other things were good. obviously very arrogant.

March 23rd, 2010
Most of the time I feel as though Dr. Kaye doesn't give me enough time to talk to him about my concerns or illnesses. I feel that he needs to ask if there is anything else before he leaves the room completely.I understand that Physicians can be really busy; I need a little more time to get my thought and concerns collected.

January 9th, 2010
To refute what another reviewer said - the atmosphere is quite relaxed, but I have never had an unprofessional interaction at the office. I often have to wait a bit, but the care I have received is excellent.