Alexander Kutikov, MD
Associate Professor of Urologic Oncology: Robotic, Laparoscopic, and Traditional Surgical Expertise
Video profile
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
215-728-6900
Locations and availability (2)

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Jeff on Nov 8th, 2013

In November of 2012 I was diagnosed with prostate cancer by my local urologist. After doing my homework I chose to go to a Doctor and Hospital that specialized in cancer. The outcomes on long term survival in a hospital that is associated with the National Cancer Network is much greater then those that are not. I choose Dr. Kutikov and it was the best decision of my life. He explained the options to me, did the surgery and was there for all follow up. Cancer sucks...but I had a great outcome and am very happy.

|  Fighting bladder cancer  |  show details
by Don C. on Sep 16th, 2013

I had bladder cancer for about 8 years..i was treated locally and adequately by a urologist..then the cancer became more virulent..FoxChase was recommended to me and after i went there i realized what real cancer care consisted of..it was in every phase a step above..my doctor was Alex Kutikov..a surgeon in the urology group i believe..i would recommend this man to anyone...he presented all the facts and choices to me at the time..and we decided to have surgery to remove the bladder..it was a huge step and i'm not going to minimize the anguish you go thru with this kind of experience but this group made me feel confident ..they were very helpful,thorough and on top of that..successful..not that the cancer can't come back ..it could..but i'm working on my 3rd year after surgery..still cancer free.

|  Positive experience with Dr Alexander Kutikov and Fox Chase CC  |  show details
by Richard Fleming on Jul 21st, 2013

During a routine check up with my Urologist, he noticed an abnormality in my urine. He recommended a cat scan. The results of the cat scan showed a massive tumor on my right kidney. He then scheduled an MRV to determine the extent of the tumor. The MRV confirmed the results of the cat scan, it had to be removed. He explained my options and recommended Dr Alexander Kutikov of Fox Chase Cancer Center who performs laparoscopic surgery. When I met with Dr Kutikov, he also confirmed that the kidney would have to be removed and seemed confident that he could perform the operation laparoscopically, which is less invasive and a quicker recovery time. He answered all of the questions that I presented to him with patience and concern. The following week, on Thursday, April 4, 2013, I went into Fox Chase Cancer Center and he performed the operation, everything went as planned. The approximate time of the operation was very close to what my wife was told and Dr Kutikov came and assured her that everything went very well. I was released on Sunday, April 7th. A few days later, Dr Kutikov called me and said everything from the pathology report looked good and I would not require further treatment. Thanks to Dr Kutikov's excellent surgical skills and genuine concern plus the excellent care from the nurses and staff at Fox Chase Cancer Center, I am feeling much better.

|  excellent Doctor  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2012

I was faced with a serious prostate cancer diagnosis at age 47. Dr. Kutikov walked me through my options and had me meet with the radiation doctors and helped me to become fully educated on my choices. I opted for a robotic prostate removal on Sept. 21, 2012, Dr. Kutikov performed the procedure. my follow up visit today, 45 days post op, confirmed undetectable PSA levels, meaning I have received an initial all is clear, bloodwork will continue for a few years... however, with this report and the follow up discussions with Dr. Kutikov, I am confident I am cancer free. Even better, 2 days after the catheter was removed I disposed of my depends style pads, because I had no leakage or urinary issues, I also can report that the other important thing below the belt is working as intended 45 days post op. I am so glad I chose Alex Kutikov and his skilled hands, the terrible fears I faced are all behind me and I can go forward in life with my wife and I raising my 4 children as a healthy and confident 47 year old cancer free man.

|  show details
Aug 10th, 2010

wonderful physician, kind, compassionate, and attentive