A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Mercer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Mercer is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mercer
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mercer Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Mercer, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Mercer graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Mercer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
- Piedmont Hospital
- Ridgeview Institute, Smyrna, Ga
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander John Mercer MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Alexander J. Mercer practice?
- Dr. Alexander Mercer has 1 office location.
Dr. Alexander Mercer practices Psychiatry near Woodstock, GA.
See Woodstock Psychiatrists.