A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Monto:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Monto, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Heart Block
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Unstable Angina
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Monto graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Monto has 2 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Monto accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alexander Monto practice?
Dr. Alexander Monto practices General Practice, Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Cardiovascular Disease near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco General Practitioners, San Francisco Internists, San Francisco Gastroenterologists, and San Francisco Cardiologists.