A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Monto:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Monto is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Monto
Hep C Patient Education Vitals patient education guide for information about Hep C and symptoms of this viral infection that affects the liver.Before Visiting Dr. Monto Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Monto, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Monto graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Monto has 2 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander Monto MD is a male Internist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Alexander Monto practice?
- Dr. Alexander Monto has 1 office location.
Dr. Alexander Monto practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Internists and San Francisco Gastroenterologists.