A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Monto:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Monto is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Monto
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Monto Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alexander Monto, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Monto graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Monto has 2 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander Monto MD is a male Internist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Alexander Monto practice?
- Dr. Alexander Monto has 1 office location.
Dr. Alexander Monto practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Internists and San Francisco Gastroenterologists.