Overall Review

3.3

February 21st, 2016
BEST DIAGNOSTIC DERMATOLOGIST!!!!!
Best experience ever!!! Had an early morning appointment and waited about 15min. On my after 4pm apt. waited a little longer but never so long to be upset. He is the Best!!! Everyone wants to see him (seen the PAs as well...also good) so he is busy! I had a mole that two other dermatologists failed to notice. Dr. Nicolaides saw it and right away and told me needs biopsy. He was right!!!! He called me immediately. Early diagnosis and early treatment! He removed the mole and there is absolutely no scar! What a great hand!. He is now my dermatologist for life! He is very smart, very Knowledgeable, professional and with lots lots of experience!!!!, I totally trust him!!! By the way, its a joke to call Dr. Nicolaides ...rude! (Rude are all the rude comments written by rude people ). I Highly recommend him and his PAs!!!!

January 22nd, 2014
great derm!!!!
This doctor and his physician assistants are great!!! every time i go there i am treating with kindness and respect. i never have a problem! the medical assistants are kind hearted and they show compassion. the front desk might need some work but they are also very helpful and kind!!! i recommend Dr.NIcolaides and his Physician Assistants any day!!!

March 7th, 2012
very good doctor overall
Doctor is engaged with patients and is very helpful positive and compassionate. The only improvement would have been the staff

July 29th, 2010
IM DR NICOLAIDES PATIENT FOR YEARS AND I THINK THE DOCTOR IS A VERY GOOD DOCTOR! HE GETS RIGHT TO THE POINT AND IS ALWAYS RIGHT(WHEN IT COMES TO ME) HE DOESNT SPEAK TO MUCH BUT HES A GOD DOCTOR AND THATS ALL THAT MATTER! AS FOR THE COPAY SITUATION AND TAKING CREDIT CARS WHO CARES WHATS THE BIG DEAL IT HIS POLICY! OVERALL GOOD STAFF GOOD DOCTOR AND EASY TO GET AN APPOITMENT

December 5th, 2009
THE BEST EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD!!!
Dont understand the bad reviews. I was very lucky to meet him. Very well known for his accurate diagnosis. If he weren't good he would't have so many people waiting for him (there are other derms in astoria that they are completely empty) I wonder why!!! I dont believe that these reviews were written from actual patients. I've been to this doc since this summer and I cant tell you how happy I am to finally find an excellent dermatologist. Highly recommended

November 16th, 2009
not recommended
Don't visit this doctor. Don't waste even your co-pay money. His diagnosis and treatment was wrong. I wasted months using wrong medications. He doesn't care about patients and he is rude person.

October 10th, 2009
A busy Doc means he is GOOD!!!
I dont expect from a busy doctor like Dr. Nicolaides to hold my hand n chat with me.I care about the diagnosis and treatment which he was absolutely great.right to the point, gave a prescription and moved on to the next patient.I didnt feel rushed at all. The wait is average.I've waited longer at the saloon for my highlights!!! get the point? Dr. Nicoladies is a genius.He is very serious with his job and does his job right. absolutely best

May 17th, 2009
Very Unprofessional
I was put on acne medication. I began to get side effects and called the doctor at once to see what to do. I was told by the receptionist to stop the medicince and the doctor will call me that night to check up.I am still waiting for the doctor to call.

April 27th, 2009
Do not even waste your co-pay on this doctor....
Bedside manner zero. My options were not explained to me. I was prescribed meds for acne, that turns out have serious side-effects (I discovered it on the medication website). I am mostly concerned with how much damage a doctor can do & this guy even though he is probably not incapable, he is dangerous because he doesn't care & he doesn't want to spend the time with patients.

March 17th, 2009
The doctor is very abrupt and has poor bedside manner. The office staff must have changed since of the other folks here wrote reviews, as I find them helpful and easy to work with.

March 14th, 2009
he performed a minor procedure on me and he made it worse. Consider yourself warned. He was very rude and abrupt do not be fooled.

June 11th, 2008
this is not a professional office
after reading the reviews on this site I am certain all the positive ones have been written by people that work there and not the patients. there is always a huge wait time so bring something to do. the doctor seems to never have time to spend with you. the doctor does not admit his errors. I think the office needs to hire some real professional people as opposed to having children. the review as for the decor and the environment...I am sorry but i am not going there on a social visit and second what so great about it? basically to all the people out there looking for a dermo. He is not the best out there, there are better qualified and if you do decide to go to him make sure you get a second opinion. Also to the people that work for the Doctor Nicolaides please stop using your time writing positive reviews and focus on approving your services.