Dr. Alex Onofrei MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 12th, 2016
20 Year Patinet
I couldn't understand the bad reviews until just recently and figured it was a one time event I was so wrong (Amanda). The Current Staff of Dr. Onofrie should learn by example from the good Doctor and provide the customer service that once was paramount in the doctors office such as but not limited to returning calls, providing accurate information without speaking down to the client, PA that would call to provide information instead of having to make and appointment to get an question answered, like my time doesn't matter and it's more money for them. It's a shame to see such a good practice getting so many bad reviews and with todays technology the bad news travels at warp speed which can be the end of a once great business.

August 28th, 2016
The Best
Best general practitioner in Arizona! When asking what I felt were too many questions, his response was, "take all the time you need!" His bedside manner is awesome and he is very thorough. You will love him!

May 23rd, 2016
Patient Portal is absolutely wonderful. However, I lost the website to get it back onto my FAVORITES

June 30th, 2015
I first used Dr. Onofrie for my health about 15 years ago and was very satisfied. However, as the years have grown by, his practice has grown too large and he has not added more staff to handle my needs efficiently and effectively (expect for a few PA's and NP's that disappear in a few months). It seems like he is never available and on vacation. I made an appointment for this Friday (July 3rd) two weeks ago and the office called me TODAY (three days before my appointment) to tell me my appointment is cancelled (office manager decision) because everyone will be on vacation. VERY poor office management. SO I have found a new GP today and all my records have been transferred due to electronic medical records. Also, the front desk USED to have caring and helpful people, but now have no personality, care, or concern. SO DONE with this medical provider!!!!

February 17th, 2015
12-yr patient
My husband and I agree with the 2014 reviews. However, almost wholesale change of staff has occurred with computerization of files and creation of patient portal with complete information. Dr. Onofrei, himself, is very attentive, patient and competent--as is his accessibility. Jury still out with PAs, staff and their response to patients, but seems to be greatly improving. It has become easier to see the Dr. himself.

February 11th, 2015
This review is for Nancy Day, NP. She does not appear to have a clue what she's doing. Appeared to have very little knowledge. I will try one more time to see Dr Onofrei personally but definitely not Nancy Day. This was my first visit.

February 4th, 2015
Sadly Dr Onofrei's office has gone down hill these past few year. Very highly turnover rate with PA's and it's almost impossible to get in to see him because he is never there. Office forgets to call you back with test results and they don't return calls for refills either. Sadly I'll be looking for a new dr after 20 years of being his patient. Fed up these past few years. Not remommended.

February 2nd, 2015
Seeing Dr. Onofrei for over 10 years, excellent bedside manner, speaks in terms my family and I can understand, very pleasant staff, excellent treatment and diagnosis.

January 23rd, 2015
Terrible office
Completely terrible office to go to and horrible service. 1st time we went was great as far as Dr Onofrei, staff was poor. Last few times saw Nancy a nurse prac and dealt with her which was TERRIBLE and her asst whom I cant remember her name. Office mgr Matt also TERRIBLE. Sat on hold several times for over 20min, hang up and call back and they answer, they forget you had them on hold. You say something about the poor care and attitude of staff as they speak down to you and rude and put you on hold and transfer you without ever saying a word and the office Mgr Matt will just laugh at you. Took over a wk for an order for imaging which I had to constantly call about to try and keep the office on track to get me the care I needed. Then comes to try to obtain my records again having to fight for them, no follow through they say they'll do something and dont do it, I get the run around, its been 2wks and still at square one. I will not be going back to this office. If you do go, make sure to see Dr. Onofrei and get everything you need while you are there.

September 30th, 2014
Moving On
My family has been with Dr. Onofrei for many years (10+). Although we love Dr. Onofrei and his bedside manner, his assistant does not follow through with necessary requests - i.e. ordering necessary medical equipment and home care for our 92 y/o family member, getting appropriate paperwork signed and having prescriptions refilled in a realistic timeframe. She continues to "drop the ball" when assistance is needed. The front desk always appear very helpful but there is no obvious open communication between the front office staff and the physician assistants. Time to move on...

April 23rd, 2014
zero stars
This review is not of Dr. Onofrei but rather his practice on 6130 E. Brown Road. I never actually ended up seeing him, so I can't rate him personally. I will say he needs to check who he has working there. My experience at the 6130 E Brown Road office was horrible. I wish I could give zeros for ratings, but this website won't allow it. I came in as a new patient and will never come back. After being brought into the exam room (20 minutes after my scheduled appointment), I sat in the waiting room for a full hour before someone came back in to talk to me. Only to find out that I was not seeing the Doctor but a NP. I specifically sought out a place with a primary care/sports specialist doctor. I waited 10 days for an appointment and the time waiting in the exam room, mentioned previously. I was not at all happy to learn that I was not even seeing the Doctor and he was not even there. I was then told by the NP that she "was not a mind reader" and was therefore recommending I do a bunch of tests and x-rays including a urinalysis because I could have a urinary track infection? I went in with a leg issue. She did not even want to look at my leg. I have no history of urinary track infections and stated I believed my injury to be an overuse injury. Add to that the fact that I was never asked questions that should be typically asked of a patient with a bladder infection and I was not at all examined for one. Just told "I could have one". I then listened to her talk about her own issues for 20 minutes before I finally interpreted her to say that I did not think she was understanding my issue (after-all, how could she when she gave me less than 30 seconds to talk), and I would like to show her where my leg was hurting on the exam table. At that time I was told to get on the exam table and "unzip my pants and pull them down". umm, no blanket, privacy, or dressing offered (and I was wearing shorts)? Unfortunately for me, the story is worse than all I have included here, but I don't want to write a book. Will just leave it at the fact that bedside manners were beyond terrible and you should only come here if you want no insight into your condition, want to be treated less than human, and love wasting your time and money.

February 4th, 2014
What happen to this Practice?
In less than a year this office has turned into a disaster. A revolving door of PA's a staff that is rude, lazy, and dysfunctional. After 10 year it's time to move on.