A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Papanastassiou:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Papanastassiou is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Papanastassiou
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Papanastassiou Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Arthrodesis (Spinal Fusion)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Trauma (Diffuse Axonal Injury)
- Cranial Nerve Diseases (Trigeminal Nerve Diseases)
- Essential Tremor
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Herniated Disc
- Movement Disorders
- Muscle Spasticity
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Parkinson Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Papanastassiou graduated from University of California at San Francisco.
Dr. Papanastassiou has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- Baptist Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander Mark Papanastassiou MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 9 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Alexander M. Papanastassiou practice?
- Dr. Alexander Papanastassiou has 1 office location.
Dr. Alexander Papanastassiou practices Neurological Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Neurological Surgeons.