A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alexander Papanastassiou:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alexander Papanastassiou is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Papanastassiou
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Papanastassiou Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Alzheimer’s Disease (Memory Loss)
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Arthrodesis (Spinal Fusion)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Trauma (Diffuse Axonal Injury)
- Cranial Nerve Diseases (Trigeminal Nerve Diseases)
- Essential Tremor
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Head Trauma (Craniocerebral Trauma)
- Herniated Disc
- Movement Disorders
- Muscle Spasticity
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Parkinson Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Papanastassiou graduated from University of California at San Francisco.
Dr. Papanastassiou has 4 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital - San Antonio
- Baptist Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alexander Mark Papanastassiou MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 9 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Alexander M. Papanastassiou practice?
- Dr. Alexander Papanastassiou has 1 office location.
Dr. Alexander Papanastassiou practices Neurological Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
See San Antonio Neurological Surgeons.